Pelorus & Kenepuru Mouth

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m spending Easter up in the Pelorus Sounds and would like to explore the area from the Kenepuru mouth out to say Tawero Point.

Any advise on gear I should be using, fishing rigs/setups, baits and spots would be much appreicated as I have never explored this area before.

I am interested in the Kenepuru Mouth, Nydia Bay & Nikau Bay areas. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are landbased fishing you could always purchase a spot x map http://www.spotx.com/shop/Surfcasting_S … 374210.htm
    The Nelson/Sounds map has a few spots up around Kenepuru .. not sure about Nydia & Nikau tho
    spot x maps also cover rigs, baits & best fishing/tide times and are well worth $13.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that information, I’ll look into that. Anyone else out there have some inside info to share?

yellowfin
    Participant

Thomas this should be your field ??? hit up miliwolf on here he could give some tips and advice

Miliwolf
    Participant

Been a while since I fished these areas, but they are all known Snapper spots. Points normally fish better then bays, try straylining bait, use as little weight as possible, in shallow water I use no sinkers at all. Change of light is often the best fishing, although fish can feed at any time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.