Line diameter

Posted By troutfishernz On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  troutfishernz 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

troutfishernz
    Participant

Brought some 8lb 0.20mm diameter Mustard mono a few years and have just run out of it. Been looking around on the internet and in stores and I cant find any line that can match this daimeter even the thinnest 6lb line I can find is still 0.22mm.

Anyone know if you can still buy Mustard line in NZ or another good quality mono line that has a reasonanly fine diameter?? looking for 6lb or 8lb.

yellowfin
    Participant

Some lines are overrated in strength some are underrated. If you have a mic machine thing to test diameter a lot of lines will be different to what it says on the spool. Just get a quality brand mono closest to 0.22 doesn’t matter if it says it’s 6lb chances are it will actually break at 8lb or your Mustard was overrated.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Yeah the mustard 8lb seems very thin when compared to other 8lb lines so im guessing it might have a lower breaking point than the 8lb stated on the spool.
    I also have mustard 12lb plus 50lb and they also seem thin for there breaking point.

Has anyone used 4lb line for Trout fishing?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Have tried 4lb line but I could not control myself and broke all the knots when testing them….

Was the Mustad line tippet material or mainline ?

troutfishernz
    Participant

Mainline.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Just brought some platypus 6lb line with a 0.23mm diameter. Seems stronger than the 8lb mustad :eek:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members