Kaikoura Wharf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Does anyone know if work on the Kaikoura wharf has been completed?

Thinking of heading down there Sunday for a bit of a Kayak fish then spend the evening on the wharf building up my Moki tally.

St_Paul
    Participant

As far as I know its still closed didn’t look as if they had done much last time I was down there back on the 19th.

Yakkaman
    Participant

Milli we have to get a fish in with the boys before winter sets in, we have a trailer that carries 8 kayaks now.

Miliwolf
    Participant

That trailer would be useful. My neighbors father runs a sea Kayaking network and he owns a similar one.

I am keen to get off Kaikoura and troll for whatever is out there. Been hoping to get down there for a while but for oner reason or another I never get organized enough. The fishing is all down hill after march!

Miliwolf
    Participant

Going down Saturday now :) Tide is wrong for Moki Fish :(

St_Paul
    Participant

You may be able to pick up an albacore around easter as thats when they usually run off the coast.

Yakkaman
    Participant

:grin: What’s the tides and swell for Saturday?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Swell around .4m, with barely any chop. Not the calmest I have seen it but should be fine.

Low tide: 8:30am
    High tide 2:45pm

yellowfin
    Participant

Will be e good to hear how the wharf is going! Im looking at heading to kaiks soon.

St_Paul
    Participant

I’m down there again on the 18th/19th so will have a nosey and maybe get some pics.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Had a look at the new wharf…. The crane is back…. but to the best of my memory nothing else has changed :roll: . The entire wharf area still fenced off.

Old Wharf… a large metal thing has been placed infront of the wharf, but its possible to walk around it, the lower ‘section’ of the wharf has been removed.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Checked the wharf out again, not going to be finished any time soon. Think they have removed the wharf and have rammed in a few new piles.

I want my Moki fishing platform back. The old wharf sucks in comparison.

Going to be a good feeling to smear Moki slime and Prawn juice over the nice new concentrate of the replacement wharf in 5-yrs time when they finally finish it. When they ban fishing from the replacement wharf I would claim to be moking not fishing

St_Paul
    Participant

apparently they’ve had a heap of trouble drilling for the new piles, chewing out heads like nobodies business. They are now about 12 months behind schedule.

St_Paul
    Participant

still months away from completion apparently. will be down there next wednesday/thursday so will post another update then

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up to kaikoura last night for a fish… weather was shithouse but really didnt want to stay inside after being inside all day with the rain.

And the wharf was open!!! The lights are all go. but the wharf is only half as long as it used to be.. Late night moki missions are on!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.