Kaikoura new wharf rubbish

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Ok guys to all those that fish the new wharf in kaikoura. On recent trips i have noticed alot of rubbish around so the other day i decided to email the Kaikoura district council letting them know my feelings on this and reccomended a rubbish bin being set up at the wharf. it may help it may not but it shows that the council is “trying” to do something. they may not listen to me thats Why i am requesting your help. if you agree with me it could help if some of you guys go onto the kaikoura council website and also email this request, as more people that send through something they may actually listen. it is a great spot to take kids and im surethey dont like to see empty beer bottles and cans and bait packets lying around just as much as we dont, anyways just a thought

Miliwolf
    Participant

There was a rubbish bin there once, but the council removed it because it was being used to much…. Would send them a email in a few days.

yellowfin
    Participant

At least it would be getting used ! and hopefully not getting left on the wharf

St_Paul
    Participant

they have a bit of a problem down there with rubbish left by freedom campers, have seen bags of rubbish left at the kowhai river mouth rest area, sawdust pits and at hapuka. It really pisses me off its not that hard to find a rubbish bin or take it home with you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.