anyone used okuma solaris while surfcasting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I’m interested in getting the combo deal with axeon reel, but I’m not sure if I should get 13 or 14 foot version, could anyone let me know the difference and if it is a good rod? It’s for surfcasting canterbury region

Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

I use the 13 foot version.They’re good rods, not much difference between the 13 and 14 foot just whatever suits you. If you can find an abu surfline they are pretty much the same rod and cheaper.

http://www.discountfishingsupplies.co.n … -4083.html

I got all my axeon reels off ebay, a lot cheaper than what they are over here. When I got mine I was paying $160 NZD with free shipping when over here the reels were $300. They’ve gone up now on ebay to about $197 NZD, still cheaper than you’ll find one over here but there’s another axeon called the 14000 which is pretty much the same reel

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Okuma-AXEON-II- … 48402f14dc

$140 NZD with free shipping for something that would cost over $200 here.

yellowfin
    Participant

Cool thanks zac

yellowfin
    Participant

I too have a solaris with axeon reel, and i know a few others here either use one or have one in their arsenal, Cant fault the rod the reel thou i have noticed the drag clicker seems to go, Also the axeon rod isnt too bad either i also have that, very very light though doesnt have as high of acast weight as the solaris, as zac said proberbly not alot of difference in the lengths, maybe the 14 will cast further ad keep line higher above the water, but then you can just get a longer rod holder,, i have the 13 foot also and use it narly everytime i go, have caught sting rays sevengillers rig eles kahawai on it and it handled it very well

yellowfin
    Participant

Got the 13 footer here aswell, good rod. Will last a fair few season if looked after.

yellowfin
    Participant

cool thanks guys really appreciate the replies.

I think Im gonna go with the 13 ft one

btw incase anyone is interested, I was down at Hamills Christchurch Central earlier today and they are having a sale this weekend, they have one of these okuma solaris 14 ft rods which is going on sale

yellowfin
    Participant

how much? think they are about 215 anyways now days

yellowfin
    Participant

reason i ask is im thinking of buying another one as a back up to my current one or if my 222 is out of action

yellowfin
    Participant

they didnt tell me how much it is gonna be down to sorry

yellowfin
    Participant

all good, ill go take a look tomorrow since i gotta go in there anyway,

yellowfin
    Participant

went in a mate pier master snapped up the solaris for 150 i managed to get yet another surf rod 2nd with in 15 hours i got a backbone elite surf rod half price

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah I went down later on, like 11ish looked like a good sale, alot of great prices

yellowfin
    Participant

yea not many good surf rods on the 50% off though , went back again just got some small things nearly bought another two rods though were so tempting

PierMaster
    Participant

$105 for the solaris :) now have 2000000000000

yellowfin
    Participant

yea lucky guy lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.