west coast snapper

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

hi does any body no when the snapper disapper from the west coast south island. i want to head over end of march to try some beaches

yellowfin
    Participant

probly depends where your going, but i’d say around the end of march! lol. nahh! seriously up the north end would be worth a go.

elmo22
    Participant

north of westport they start to slow down catching them end march and in to april, but there will still be some about,, what part of the coast you going to fishmad

croozer
    Participant

hey there, Time of the year is not as important as water temp. Anything 18 and above will get you snaps. I have caught them down to 16, but the dogfish become unmanageable at the lower temps. Good luck with your quest, and dress apropriately for the sandflies, they can be savage on the beaches, esp on calm days.

yellowfin
    Participant

im going to try in karamea

yellowfin
    Participant

agree there sandflies lol and insect repellant will not work!! tuck ya pants into ya socks wear good gloves with a long sleeve t shirt tucked into them

HIPP
    Participant

There was a good one caught off the beach stright out from the Hokitika Golf Course 2 weeks ago. Im heading over genral fishing and hunting very soon, hears hoping:), cheers, Hipp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.