we all feel for you

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    oldgreyboy
    Participant

might seem off topic but i hope our christchurch members and their families are ok

elmo22
    Participant

thanks one hell of a shake,a few broken things only small stuff thou chimmey bugged was the worst very lucky at my home theres a lot worse then me all alive and safe here

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks. i were house sitting in kaiapoi for my mother house is fine few broken things. main kaiapoi bridge excuse me is fucked the main st is and sad to say our historic swing bridge is rooted along with alot of other historic buildings nearly bought a tear to my eye when i went for a walk this afternoon after growning up here to see it destroyed is just heart breaking

yellowfin
    Participant

Was awake when it happened but no major damage in ashburton that I know of just photos and things falling off the walls, still getting aftershocks today.

yellowfin
    Participant

Oh guess your lucky zac. Will be down there tomorrow for work

yellowfin
    Participant

Meant to be 21 degrees tomorow thought I might go up to the pier for a fish although meant to turn cold southerly and rain in the evening. Might be best to wait till next weekend and see what the weathers like, still seems like it’s raining every couple days.

fishforpot
    Participant

I went for a look today , just around wainoni ….Im in the building trade , and can tell you this event is huge ….there will be thousands of houses beyond repair ……

Old Ru , if he still lives there , was right next to what appears one of many fault lines that opened up , a house built over these lines will be pretty much rooted

Porritt park hockey grounds are a right off , from the other side of the river Id pick the old Leander Lounge “rowing club” will be condemned , at least 1 side of it ….the boat shed next to it looks no better ….I saw dozens and dozens of houses that are poked …..

Wont be doing much fishing this season Id pick ….its gunna be work work work

yellowfin
    Participant

This crazy wind and bit of rain we had can’t be helping much. It’s going to take months and months for all the houses that need to be rebuilt.

mulletman
    Participant

thanks for the support man :wink:

rdeejay
    Participant

fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

That “fault line” goes thru the edge of their house , up the drive and thru the garage ….rooting everything ……..it continues thru other houses , across Pembroke St , thru more houses and then thru my mates place ……its split in half …mind blowing to see …he walked me thru it
    He had recently added 2 br’s and garage behind the old house , linked by a conservatory
    The conservatory was destroyed ……the garage and house moved 6 inches towards the river ..garage dropped 8 inches into the ground at one end
    house split in half with the front continuing to sink lower into the ground ….even the fence got ripped into 4-5 sections
    The crack continued on thru 5 more properties he said …
    Every house over that line will be rooted ….

The house directly behind that one on TV would be ok , the crack would have just tickled the very corner of the property …
    You still in CHCH ru ?

rdeejay
    Participant

if it’s going through the garage then the house i was in is directly behind that, check google it’s the one with the conservatory. Yep still in ch-ch, at the armargh end of trent street

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.