Toxic Shellfish

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Fishy Bishy
    Participant

[b:1wbsz2zy]News reports this morning of a shellfish gathering ban on Pegasus Bay beaches, right down to Pigeon Bay on Banks peninsula.

Evidently there is a toxin rampant at present and side affects include vomitting and diarrhoea, just for starters. :shock:

That is a helluva wide area and probably not a good time to be after the local shellfish for bait gathering in case of problems through handling.[/b:1wbsz2zy]

If you just CAN’T resist, take some surgical or rubber gloves with you coz I am sure the Rig and Ele’s won’t be chucking up or having violent number twos in the ocean and if they do that too will probably make the news!! :D

Nothing worse than enjoying your day in a special spot when all looks really fishy…..and having to run before the “runs” start. :wink:

Happened to me on the Tongariro at the Red Hut Pool one awesomely fishy morning……oh it was not a good feeling climbing back up the track with severe stomach cramps, spoiled the morning for me anyway.

mulletman
    Participant

well that cant be to good, but nothing can stop me from getting some bait for rig and eles!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.