Oreti river

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fishsnatcher
    Participant

A

Mike H
    Participant

Whats this topic about?

yellowfin
    Participant

ill start topic of has anyone fished the oreti
    im thinking of fishing it this season iv heard good things about it

Mike H
    Participant

Be prepared to run into a lot of other anglers for very few fish. The mid reaches are quite good and get a lot less pressure.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh k iv been told there are some very big fish through the river
    whats the top like

Mike H
    Participant

Some big fish but can be challenging. Strong NW winds and plenty of anglers. Bigger fish in the West Coast and North Canterbury regions. If I was in ChCh I wouldn’t come down here for the big fish, I’d head north or west.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh k bugger that then yh the coast has some wicked fishing for sure

i was just thinking on a trip somewhere for the summer i fish all over but havnt really fished mataura yet so might head there for a ticky tour and fish some other rivers through that region

Mike H
    Participant

Definitely worth coming down for a multi river fish, just wouldn’t come here just for the Oreti. The Mataura is awesome. Send me a message if you intend coming down here and I could show you a few tricks which help on the Mataura. I was the local in The Source – NZ and you see a bit of a mad rise in that.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh yes loved that vid my uncle was in it well he helped on the trophy section . will definately contact you when i come down be mid summer or even near opening of high country what would be better

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.