Easy Casts

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hello all,

Just a quickie, I bought an easy cast attachment for my rod, as I was always losing my grip and got a sore finger.

If this sounds like you, I do reccomend you get 1. Go to trade me and type “easy cast” and get one. 20 bux but its worth it.

Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

$8 For a leather finger stall from the chemist, or try wrapping your finger with insulation tape

yellowfin
    Participant

Saltec Thumb Caster

Here is a very good little gadget called the Saltec Thumb Caster. You tape it to your fishing rod opposite your eggbeater reel so that the little alloy knob is facing the other way from the reel. Before you cast you wrap your line around it. Then when you cast you simply release the lever by lifting your thumb from it.

Take it from me this thing really works. It is essential if you want to spool your eggbeater reel with ultra thin super braid line and use it for casting. I have used it quite a bit. It works just as well with monofilament lines.

yellowfin
    Participant

I picked up one of those things from the anglers warehouse in bromley think it cost me a fiver if I remember rightly. tried it a couple of times but prefer the finger stall. mind you I don’t use braid and can see where this would stop you loosing a finger

yellowfin
    Participant

these can also be purchased from a chappie in te kuiti for $12

yellowfin
    Participant

Been useing

yellowfin
    Participant

So how do these gadgets actually work?

Do you have to press a ‘button’ to release the line or does it release automatically during the cast?

Here are a few

http://www.tackletactics.co.nz/Autocaster.html

The Robinson Auto Caster sounds interesting, but quite expensive.

yellowfin
    Participant

some ive seen u hold a little lever which catches the line

yellowfin
    Participant

this is the one i was meaning http://www.tackletactics.co.nz/cannon.html

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah

I am thinking of using them on my ‘larger’ surf casters. I suspect they would help quite a bit on a 14′ 10-15kg rod.

yellowfin
    Participant

I gave one a try on a rod I had set up with braid

yellowfin
    Participant

I gave one a try on a rod I had set up with braid

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.