Always learning:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    oldtrout
    Participant

Over the past 10 years a person I play golf with has asked me to go fishing with him.

Because I have had no success surf casting during this period I made excuses and turned him down, but recently I gave in and went out with him and friends.

Unbelievable; all my old preconcieved ideas went out the door when I realised all I had been doing was getting sunburned with a rod in my hands. The concept of using crabs, mullet and paua for bait had never entered my head, nor had the concept of fishing during the early morning and late evening, even up to midnight and targetting certain species with certain types of bait.

Over the past few weeks we as a family have had amazing meals of beautiful fresh fish, including elephant fish, rigg, school shark, and kawhai, and I am currently learning (slowly) how to fillet my catch.

The moral of the story: there is always someone out there who knows more than you, and if you are prepared to listen and take advantage of their knowledge and experience, it can enrich your fishing experience beyong belief.

fishsnatcher
    Participant

8) Amen to that

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.