Who are you guys??

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Yakkaman
    Participant

1) Whats your real name:- Doug
    2) How old are you:- 40ish

3) Which city are you from:- Christchurch

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Born and raised ChCh

5) What do you do for a crust:- Far too much and should be out fishing :grin:
    6) Hobbies:- flyfishing, kayak fishing, soccer and playing my guitar.

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Since as A kid stopped for awhile got into trout fishing about ten years back and let me know when your going for a fish i’ll be there!!

8.) What got you interested:- My mates asked me to tag along down to Otatmata (Lake Benmore) and drank some,talk some and hooked alot.
    9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- Don’t care if it’s raining or the suns out i just like taking my mind off everything and cruise kayak fishing is a blast ya don’t have to be in the same spot.
    10) What is it that you like about this forum:- To enjoy the knowledge of others and hopefully return the favour.

You can find some of us here http://canterburykayakfishingclub.weebly.com

yellowfin
    Participant

1) Whats your real name:- Leigh

2) How old are you:- soon to be 27

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Yup

5) What do you do for a crust:- Inventory and Stock Control, inwards goods, shipping product etc etc etc

6) Hobbies:- Cars and building a car to compete in the local drift series, hanging out with the boys, Fishing, Whitebaiting, Snorkelling (basically anything to do with the sea)

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Since I caught my first herring on a piece of bacon rhind all those years ago.

8.) What got you interested:- Being part maori the family has always been around seafood, granddad used to take me eeling. Whitebaiting and setting nets with dad, used to have family holidays at kaikoura, grew up at woodend beach, akaroa and picton so always lived near the sea. If I could I’d live in the sea :lol:

9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- just sitting on a rock in the middle of nowhere waiting for the bite. I just love being on or near the water.

10) What is it that you like about this forum:- Mainly south island land based fishing, so it suits me well.

Trumpy
    Participant

1) Whats your real name:- Mike.

2) How old are you:- Mid-30’s.

3) Which city are you from:- Ashburton (as Zac said above, it ain’t a city)

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Born in Temuka, been in AshVegas for 15 or so years.

5) What do you do for a crust:- Industrial Electrician

6) Hobbies:- Umm, Fishing, Ham Radio, Kendo, Computers, Home-Brew.

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Years, just gettin back into it after being away from it for about 8 years or so.

8.) What got you interested:- Fishing with my late Grandad as a kid.

9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- Sunshine, getting away from the noise and BS at work, relaxation.

10) What is it that you like about this forum:- Bloody good down to earth people and good advice.

yellowfin
    Participant

Figured I’d ducked this long enough!

1) Whats your real name:- Graham

2) How old are you:- 37

3) Which city are you from:- Christchurch/ Born in Motueka

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Yup

5) What do you do for a crust:- Production Co-ordinator, Precast Concrete Yard.

6) Hobbies:- Fishing, Boating, Diving, Moutainbiking, Motorcycling, League.

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Got a kids rod for xmas when I was about 7yrs old, 1st outing with Dad hooked into a decent Kahawai, been hooked myself ever since.

8.) What got you interested:- The oldman.

9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- The anticipation, & the Strike! sometimes its even relaxing!

10) What is it that you like about this forum:- Like-minded people, definately the Southern aspect.

storm
    Participant

1) What is your real name – Steve

2) How old are you – 34

3)Which city are you from – Born in Dunedin live in Temuka

4) Are you a resident in NZ – sure am

5) What do you do for a crust – engineer

6) Hobbies – Fishing , Drinking , Car Restoration, building stuff , Drinking and Fishing

7)How long have you been interested in fishing – Since forever

8) What got you interested – my Dad

9) What aspects of fishing interests you – Laxing out down the beach hooking 7 gillers purely for the sport
    they all go back in the water if i can get them back in

10) What is it that you like about this forum – The southern flavour !, good people , good advice .

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

I have been known as Fishy Bishy since about 1979 and pretty well known round the fishing fraternity.

1) Whats your real name:- Lyndsey Bishop

2) How old are you:- 54

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Born and raised ChCh, currently (temporarily) living in Levin for business reasons.

5) What do you do for a crust:- My wife Jean and I manufacture and wholesale fishing tackle, mostly flasher rigs under the HotShotz brand.

6) Hobbies:- Fishing obviously, boating, hunting 12g and smallbore, motorsport from the couch…. :wink:

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Forever since I caught my first fish in Bay of Many Coves when I wuz but a wee fulla.

8.) What got you interested:- More like who, my Dad of course.

9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- The peace, solitude, rewards lying in the fishbin etc etc.

10) What is it that you like about this forum:- The membership is non judgmental and easy going and keeps crap outa the subject. Unlike many other forums that are run with mafia-like moderators who encourage banter. Must be a South Island thing I reckon.

[b:a8zuzjc7]AND 11! [/b:a8zuzjc7]What would I most like to do regard my fishing interest: Head back to Canterbury and live bait for Trout with the legendary Danny Hofmeester again, unless it has been made illegal now?? (his claim to fame, 29lb Rainbow and 30lb Brown from the Tekapo Canals on 6lb line!!) Yeah! PLUS go wet a line in Macintoshes again for old times sakes, especially with Yellowfin. Waddya say Allan, you up for it?

Jackfish
    Participant

1) Whats your real name:-Jack

2) How old are you:- 16

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Yep

5) What do you do for a crust:- Work at Hamils hunting and fishing

6) Hobbies:- Fly fishing, waterskiing, fly tying, fly casting

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Fishing since 5, proper fishing (fly fishing :wink: ) since I was 9.

8.) What got you interested:- My dad

9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- Big trout, fly casting, fly tying.

10) What is it that you like about this forum:- The trout forum

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everyone, have been browsing the forums a bit lately and what beeter way to introduce myself than this :)

1) Whats your real name:- Evan

2) How old are you:- 20

4) Are you a resident in NZ:- Born and raised Nelson, moved to Chch at age 11

5) What do you do for a crust:- Apprentice Builder at the Arts Center in Chch, but do a bit of every other trade there as well

6) Hobbies:- Fishing.. doh!, Computers, 4wding, whitebaiting, camping

7) How long have you been interested in Fishing:- Since I was a kid, Dad used to take me fishing off the wharf in nelson

8.) What got you interested:- As above, watching Gone Fishing, and reading fishing books.

9) What aspect of fishing interests you:- The stress free relaxation and catching the odd fish (read – I don’t catch a hellova lot)

10) What is it that you like about this forum:- Its local! I used to read/post on fishing.net but found it was all about northern boats, snapper and huge kingies!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.