whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    fishforpot
    Participant

It’s stitting in my fridge , that’s all I care about lol …..

The bait came thick this morning , got 3lb in about 8lifts ….the last lift had about 100 , and it was FULL of shit ….I cant be fagged with that …..so pulled out and dropped down the back like I did yesterday …..I got lucky down the back

Id be suprised if the box netters had been getting much more than 3-4 lb ,tho they got a bit yesterday …..tonight they are creaming it …mark my words

Edited to add , Just woke the old chook up , 2.10am they finished cleaning it lol ….they get out maybe once or twice a season ……just a shade over 16 1/2 lbs …

fishforpot
    Participant

Well …..it was thick at the mouth this morning …….got 24lb in maybe 30-45 minutes ….4 3lb lifts in a row …..then that bloody crappy tea leaves came along ….I got 1 lift of about an ounce as it arrived so pulled the pin and dropped down the back expecting to fill the truck lol ……..got another 2lb …was a nice day back there tho ….

I saw Bobs son I think it is , he was behind me , I saw him have a 3lb lift at one point , but I was preoccupied as you could imagine , so not sure how he got on in the end …..

It didnt look like they were getting much on the drop tonight when I left tho …..unlike last night with the box netters

elmo22
    Participant

was good today as fishforpot said shame about the rubbish and tea leaves would of got alot more, me and the wife spent 5hrs cleaning some of my stuff. luckly some was clean but lots was not, i ended up with 34lbs best ever… was bloody great catching it …was bloody hard work cleaning it.. hope to catch some with no crap in it lol

yellowfin
    Participant

far how do you guys bait at the mouth ? too much arguements and not to be racist but too many maoris that think they own the land/water/whitebait haha , anyone know how kaiapois been running ?

yellowfin
    Participant

fished k river yestaday was sht only got 3an half lb once that mak cleans be good id say

fishforpot
    Participant

Another big day at the mouth today

yellowfin
    Participant

? how much mate if you dont mind me asking

fishforpot
    Participant

Watched a box netter pick up 8lb in 20mins , last time I spoke to him today he thought he had 25+ pound
    I got 14.5lb for the afternoon …got there late as I worked this morning …

The guys hammering the hole south of the mouth would have got heaps …..
    I heard word of 40+ pound catches on the prime spots today…..
    These huge catches have been going on since the afternoon I was accused of catching whitebait weighing 1/2 a pound each lol ………..

yellowfin
    Participant

thats good news hopefully these catches continue i was told by a mate at mackies he got 6lb and up front a guy got just over 30lb so some big catches at the moment we need that mak jin clean to get it like that up river though :?

yellowfin
    Participant

I got five pound in kaiapoi today, four pound came in ten minutes.Exciting stuff and full on
    when they come in a rush.

Participant

I managed 38 pound in three hours yesterday …

yellowfin
    Participant

was that 38lb in a drag net ?

fishforpot
    Participant

Well ,the boxnetter didnt get 25 , he under estimated it …it was 31 lb ……

The bloke who fished the hole to the right of the mouth before dropping back to the beach on Monday , caught 50lb …

5 days now its been screaming up the river ….new record for me today lol

Everyone I talk to say they have set personal bests this year , some, like me , have done it twice ……

Million dollar question is , what will the Avon/Heathcote estuary fish like next year after being closed for 2 season ………

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ve seen sweet bugger all in the avon this season..been looking too, not baiting though lol. The trout are feeding hard out on the stuff but I can’t locate a decent shoal in the avonside girls high area at all, lots of small groups about.

yellowfin
    Participant

i wonder if the avon will be open next year for whitebaiting iv talked to a few that reakon it wont be :?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.