whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    elmo22
    Participant

lots on thursday between 12 and over 20lbs by most i fished firday and saturday got 1lb each day got on piss saturday at home today looking 4ward to the game tonight

Miliwolf
    Participant

Got myself a sock net, any suggestions on a good way to attach a pipe handle onto the net? I have a few ideas but keen to hear any alternatives.

Also, any advice on what to do with the white string which when taunt holds the inner rings rigid? They are complicated things to set up and they came with no instructions.

My kitten typed the following, I have no idea what it means but thought I would leave it.
    =]bghnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

fishforpot
    Participant

Nothing to speak of at the waimac mouth south side this morning ….maybe tomorrow

yellowfin
    Participant

dirty rivers now :x

fishforpot
    Participant

A little bit of bait showed up on the push today , mouth south side ….it arrived just as the tea leaves did , and with it came the swells …maybe it will come tonight , or tomorrow morning

yellowfin
    Participant

thats good was that in the dirty water fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

Biggest catch I ever got was in chocolate soup water ….they are chasing the fresh water ….they dont care if its clean or dirty …….
    When its dirty they are all over the river , unless the flow is high in the middle of the river , then they trickle along the edges ….

Its still dirty …..seriously considering another crack tonight ……

elmo22
    Participant

what 4×4 do you drive fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

If I told you that , I’d have to kill you ……. green/grey surf , keep the nets in the back

yellowfin
    Participant

anyone no how clean the kaiapoi is could you bait it or still to dirty cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

i doubt it will be clean but u never know , might get out to birdlings tomorrow instead

Gofish270
    Participant

Plenty of people baiting in the Kaiapoi today.
    Waimak is still dirty but there was some bait coming in at the mouth.
    No idea how the setnetters went but I got a couple of pound dragnetting. Small sticks & leaves also meant a drag cleaning it.

fishforpot
    Participant

I got 8 lb yesterday at the mouth …….today I got 3 lb in the surf , then dropped back a tad , got another 2 lb … then on the outgoing tide I got another 6-7lb …..I was all set to gloat to the olds , Id left the old man in the surf with the drag net ….he mighta had 2 lb when I left him at about 3.30pm …..by the time I got back to him at 5pm Id say he had somewhere close to 16lb …..it was spewing towards the river , tho still in the surf , the drag netters were getting 2-3lb per run ….

elmo22
    Participant

i saw your set net up high and dry and waiting for water before low tide you would not get water till 2hrs after the push, u must off got it when it was nearly time to get out round the corner… are your whitebait weighting about 1/2lb each .. i was there yesterday and seen you picking bait out of all the tea leaves and crap didnt look much in it.i talked to a lot of locals down there today and you would of got more than doulbe what we all got yesterday down the front .. will be looking forward to asking the ones that fish down were we fish hpw much thay got… i now the the box netters got good catches up around 6-9lbs the last few days

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.