whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

apparently its further up near the boats where it is/was polluted and if there was shit being discharged into it, i’d have to imagine it would be on the out going tide. Either way got out today another 3lb, havent actually weighed it yet but looks around that lol, bait looked clean as anything. shitload of people out for a wednesday aswell

yellowfin
    Participant

the whitebait are all clean as anything in the kaiapoi and id eat them any day they dont muck round either so they are all clean however the water is not clean and i wouldnt even think about drinking or swimming in it lol

fishforpot
    Participant

you cant see bacteria …not like they eat poo , it will be on their bodies …

yellowfin
    Participant

at the start of the i had a small catch and i picked out a couple of whitebait that wernt old just a brown colour :lol: :???:

but apart from that they have been yummy :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

I read somewhere that the Japs were turning turds into a high protein food ….sounds like youve copied them , but on a far simpler level lmao

yellowfin
    Participant

@fishforpot…crack up mate :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

hahahahaha a little protien, cant complain.. win, win situation… until you’re shitting bricks and vomiting uncontrolably. went out Thursday got about 5lb

yellowfin
    Participant

any body been cleaning up at all

fishforpot
    Participant

Aint been out for 2 weeks ….maybe this weekend ….can foresee a few weeks off work coming in 2 weeks time ….prefect hehe

yellowfin
    Participant

13 lb in 3days nothing too great though. The tides have been crazy! never seen it so low before lol hope it was a one off, got sick of waiting for the tide to turn!!

fishforpot
    Participant

Never got out of the car yesterday morning , it was obvious there was nothing doing at the mouth ……murphies law it came up thick and fast as soon as I left lol …..

Hoping some comes up tomorrow ….

elmo22
    Participant

got 5lb on saturday morning and got 1lb on sunday lot more people there on sunday.. saturday was a good day for lots of baiters on the beter spots.. the southey bugged it, it and pushed the bait wide of the south side

fishforpot
    Participant

Tue-Wed I never bothered getting out of the car , could see they were catching SFA …sea was huge and quite a southwards rip running …
    Today I did have a dabble , a few drags with the box-net caught me a feed for tea , got there real late tho ….they were catching a bit , but of course it ran yesterday argh

yellowfin
    Participant

Picked up 9lb from the Ashley in 3 hours tonight.. Sat in the same place for 3 hours last week and got 20 whitebait.

fishforpot
    Participant

1 lb this afternoon at the mac mouth …one day I will be there when its pumping up lol

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.