whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

your meaning the kaiapoi rose gardens crackawoody. so you were just up from the swing bridge also towards smiths st corner

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah thats the one, but it was down along the side, not the corner itself, although im pretty sure thats a nice shingle spot from what i remember, dont want to give too much away haha, i dont mind saying how much i get and the area, but giving the spot away itselfs a differant story ;) hahaha. Might go to the mak Wed or Thur see what happens.

Does anyone know what the baitings like further down where the Kaiapoi river starts to run off into the mak ?

elmo22
    Participant

went to mouth of why-mac on the south side on firday moring got 3 & 1/2lb went sat morning got only 1/4lb firday the ones in good spots got between 12-20lbs

yellowfin
    Participant

thought they must of had a good catch friday big catches up k river top of tide an sat day some good catches

yellowfin
    Participant

yea hav seen alot of bait in the old poo stream whoops i mean kaiaps at times. never really bothered to go though.

yellowfin
    Participant

haha its not to clean the kaiapoi but itll do lol

yellowfin
    Participant

haha far from clean mate far from clean lol. :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Saw some guys in the Avon baiting the other day, about 100m away from them could see crap (most probably literally lol) being pumped in!

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i would think its crap i believe its still getting pumped into the kaiapoi

yellowfin
    Participant

Baiting at the Avon … Excuse my language but f… that LOL, Kaiapoi did look a little green when i was there LOL had some bait for tea last night and feeling fine so cant be too bad. This South side of the mac everyones talking about, is that the side of macintoshes ? or is it Kainga side ? I remember going to the mak 2 years ago near kaianga, theres like a little beach you can scoop up along or set up a set net, wasnt too bad lol.

fishforpot
    Participant

No woody , its the south side of the mouth ……..you drive onto the beach at Spencers Park , and drive the 5kms to the mouth

yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

fished kaipoi rivertoday .. got just over a lb … wouldnt eat it though .. water is filthy and has quite a distictive smell :/
    i think pollution is getting pumped into the river eh … :/

yellowfin
    Participant

living in kaiapoi for 21 years i have heard that alot, there has always been talk of the kaiapoi having shitin it, alot with all the cow crap fromthe cow crossing by butchers bridge down silverstream along with run off. i have also seen since the earth quake what seemed to be sewer pipes due to the station being down n kaiapoi just running stuff into the river. in the past i have eaten the odd trout and mullet from the kaiapoi but not very often. as for bait it would come down to how long its been in the river i would guess,

yellowfin
    Participant

@searunner..still waiting for my lot ol chap :grin:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.