whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Better this morning,8lbs in the drag net on Kaiapoi.Saw lots of bait trying to sneak under sighter board.Kept net hard on
    bottom and that seemed to push them up.

yellowfin
    Participant

Tom, are you telling the truth mate?? :wink:

yellowfin
    Participant

hmhhmhmhmhm theres a LITTLE about

not alot though :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

the truth is if you find the bait youll get the bait otherwise theres nothing around

fishforpot
    Participant

That figure I quoted from Sunday was wrong , the guy carried on baiting while I dropped back up the river in an unsucessful hunt for flounders …..he caught 32lb not 20ish

yellowfin
    Participant

18 lb from a small stream not far from hinds river mouth scooping in the waves !! ashburton river mouth fishing well apparently .. rangi is closed !

yellowfin
    Participant

fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

A few of those spots on the corner/point and just back from there , have and always do produce huge catches ….seems the more flow in the river the better it fishes ……
    30-40lb hauls have been common this year already , not consistant yet tho …still early
    And yeah , on the south side … but around on the beach more …

yellowfin
    Participant

whereabouts does everyone bait at kaiapoi? I used to bait down along the Kaiapoi Rygby/league clubrooms but on the side opposite it, going to get out this weekend but going to go further down, past the school towards the motor way. (Unless some b*stards there LOL) ohwell. dunno who to beleived about this season so far, so ganna have to have a bait at kaiapoi and drag at the mak or just bait one end of Kaiapoi Saturday & the other end Sunday lol. gotta buy a new car first so hopefully get out. SO KEEEEEEN !!!! BEERS & BAITING WOO

yellowfin
    Participant

How many baiters have there been out at kaiapoi? Heaps? or a few? would i need to stay over night to get a possy lol ?

oldgreyboy
    Participant

went to smithfield at timaru this morn 5.30 am got 50 bait gave them to somone else lovely sea an push 2 an a half metre tide no bait will try tommorrow

yellowfin
    Participant

Finally got out, Started off ok, few shoals at the beginning of the incoming tide, then they became very far apart throughout the tide. alot of waiting lol, 3lb in the end.

yellowfin
    Participant

where abouts did you sit round for 3lb crackawoody

i baited new spot saturday not to much about got a feed

fishforpot
    Participant

The mouth southside was dead this morning , same yesterday I heard ….

yellowfin
    Participant

I wasnt far from the kaiapoi township itself, you know where theres this circular garden type thing on charles or charlies street, theres a nice little possy just up from there, but yeah was definateley alot of sitting around though, didnt see too many other people lifting

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.