whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys been out baiting last couple days..
    Total catch 2 1/2 pound good to see they have started to show…

yellowfin
    Participant

fished kaipoi thursday and friday got 400 g all up .. Waste of time !

elmo22
    Participant

15-21 oct lucky the bait have the same calender as you fish for pot lol

fishforpot
    Participant

The biggest run seems to occur on 1 of the days during the 3rd week …..I knew what I meant lol ……of course with fishing , there will always be exceptions

Participant

Caught just over a pound of bait yesterday…
    Unlucky searunner word around town (kaiapoi) is that theres alot of bait in the kaiapoi river at the moement

fishforpot
    Participant

A pound at the mouth yesterday in the short time I was in the water with the drag net …..I know one guy got at least 20lb …..I saw it with my own eyes , made me sick lol

Went back today with the setnet , 3.5 pound …….a good feed …..was still coming up when I left , but I had plenty …been some big catches already , 20-30-40lb were figures I heard tossed around , but it’s still patchy , there 1 day none the next …… Oct should be interesting

yellowfin
    Participant

Are you serious ?? thats some hefty catches, once got 18 pound the most ive ever got lol. sounds like the baits starting to come up. better get my ass out this week then!

yellowfin
    Participant

Justfishing,,, you a local kaiapoi chap also?

fishforpot
    Participant

I was dragging next to the bloke who got 20odd pound , was watching him tip 1/2 lb lifts continuously ….and saw how much he had in his car

If the early numbers are anything to go by , then next season in the Avon could be a boomer ….

yellowfin
    Participant

I got 3lb this morning in the Kaiapoi on the push.One shoal was over a pound.Getting better.

yellowfin
    Participant

i have been fishing the kaiapoi for the last 7 days and theres a hell of alot of bullsh*t going round i have been fishing a channel where the bait MUST go through up the kaiapoi and to be honest theres nothing at all in the river just a small feeds a day thats about it i bearly missed any shauls didnt see any big shauls only small ones my biggest day was about half lb and im not the only one saying this about the 20 to 30 people i no and bait with and half of them are out every day of the season say it must be one of the worst seasons in years BUT i have a few mates catching bait at the mouth of mak big catches so i went up mak between bridges and had a look today 4 and quater lb today was wicked heaps of bait going straight up the mak

Participant

Yep im a local fiery ginga…
    7lb yesterday..
    Good 5lb today..

yellowfin
    Participant

good work, yea was a local myself, raised there but since left, used to live abou 5min walk from the bmx track very handy as a young fella going fishing

yellowfin
    Participant

i dont know what people are on about .. 14 nets in the water at the mouth on the push means the bait is running ? no way if there was bait about there would be at least 100 people climbing all over each other trying to get a spot .. and people in the upper kaipoi are lucky to be catching half a pound in a whole day .. tom hodge and i went for a drive up the whole kaipoi and noone had seen much or caught much ! under the highway bridge on the waimak is fishing good ! really good . !

fishforpot
    Participant

Bugger all yesterday at the mouth, a lot of guys pulled out before the push really started.
    I gave up because of the crap in the water … worked hard for 5hrs to get a pound …..very little bait , unlike the night before , I pulled out an hour early …

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.