whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

yh ill jump out next weekend might sneak friday of aswell hopefully theres something about by then we just need the mak clean for a good periode and some bait to show up :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

Waimac fishes best when in flood ….bait can only go up the sides of the river , too much current in the middle

Thats at the mouth , cant speak for the rest of the river , but logically it would be the same

yellowfin
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

yeah should be clean by now, except… its meant to rain tomorow damn it! lol that does sound right fishforport, especially when running against the current. thats one thing ive noticed, baitings allways good when the rivers current has a good push to it.

lol i seen that video a few days ago, makes me wanna get out asap.. (and get shoals that big) but doubt it haha

yellowfin
    Participant

Know where that is…..remember seeing quite a few large shoals pass under the bridge one year….whether id be game enough to eat bait from there though is a different story…..:D

oldgreyboy
    Participant

where is that video taken? thanks

yellowfin
    Participant

Heathcote? if not the avon? lol idk

yellowfin
    Participant

went out this weekend for nothing once again i think ill give it a few weeks before i hit the kaiapoi again . this season so far is going down in history the worst start ever to a season
    spent all weekend on my we set up and it was the worst ever weekend iv had didnt even get a feed over the weekend but did get a nice size flounder that went down a treat
    i think the water is to cold and the mak was very milky all weekend
    maybe next time

yellowfin
    Participant

another weekend gone by in the kaiapoi but still no sighn of bait what so ever :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

A mate got a cupfull down the mak today. He got 8 whitebait in total last weekend at the ashley. Think I’ll wait a week or 2 before wetting my net.

yellowfin
    Participant

yeah my unce tried ashly other day on the push up the front he said he got ONE whitebait that was it

give it next month itl be there by then

yellowfin
    Participant

saw about 12 whitebait in the estuary last night while getting crabs for bait

yellowfin
    Participant

Still haven’t managed to get out LOL, sounds like this season could be a shocker. NOT GOOD!!! been thinking about taking a trip to the coast haha

yellowfin
    Participant

well kaiapoi and mak are baiting shocking thats for sure i think the west coast be a lot better than here .
    iv got the next 6 days off so ill bait em all and see what happens :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

I will be speaking for quite a few who cruise this site when I say “we are waiting eagerly for any news”

No doubt many of us are biding our time and rearing to rip into the bait …I for 1 have no quarms about sharing info , there will be plenty to go around ….possibly heading out this afternoon for my first try this season , actually , for 2 seasons lol

I havent heard anything , but will endeavor to keep everyone posted if I see or hear anything , and hope all those interested will do the same …..

Just for the newbies to the sport , past years the bait has always seemed to run in the 3rd week of October , that’s Oct 15-21

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.