whitebaiting 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

sweet, i know where that is, just before the mouth theres alot of salmon fishing there right? spotter boards is not a problem, can get adjustable ones so should be allgood

fishforpot
    Participant

You will a bit of a walk with gear , water clarity if often bad …..current can be strong ….depth will be an issue with the spotters as will the bank , its boulders …..so some lateral thinking will be needed

yellowfin
    Participant

kaiapoi river is sh*t mate i wouldnt bother :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

hahaha yeah i know, i have had the odd good catch there in the past though , all depends on how the seasons going lmao. Should be out there this weekend coming up.

yellowfin
    Participant

haha na i cant say much im a kaiapoi river bum :lol: if you no where the bait is or where it passes through youll do all right or if you can get along with the locals in places youll see some good baiting but the good spots is where the locals are so find the locals try get alone with them and happy baiting :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Just get there early and beat the locals to the good spots.They seem to take it on the chin if you get in first.I have never had
    any probs with doing that.

yellowfin
    Participant

there are some spots the locals are hated (the cam) LEON MANERA id bait his stand no one likes him and he wouldnt do jack all but i wouldnt go jumping on others STANDS not possys STANDS because it never ever goes down well if you dont get of when they ask it can end very bad :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

hahaha id bait at the mak but you know.. too much arguements there, plus most people have set nets, not too much room to drag/scoop. Usually I just bait what river seems to be running better out of the avon & kaiapoi (or where theres more possys) haha. Does anyone have a good way to seperate the bait from the weed when putting it in your bucket? hate cleaning it with hand :|

yellowfin
    Participant

crackawoody
    i agree with the mak to much chaos if you want to blind drag mackintoshes rocks could be a go down towards the mouth more .
    with cleaning your bait a girlfriend or wife is very handy :lol: :lol: or other wise get two bits of wood about a metre long and put them on the floor long ways about a foot apart then some set net wire stuff and nail it to the wood then when you tip the bait into your bucket set it up so the bait runs down the set net wire stuff and into the bucket thats all i use and it works really well

elmo22
    Participant

do people drag net where the lake goes into the sea, when its closed to the sea. with the whitebait shoaling up at sea waiting 4 the lake to open or is it 2 dangerous to blind drag out there

yellowfin
    Participant

which lake is this mate

elmo22
    Participant

either lake forsyth or at taumutu

yellowfin
    Participant

heard on the radio Kaiapoi river might be contaminated :/ it might just be for a little while from the snow but not too sure

yellowfin
    Participant

kaiapoi is rooted it is contaminated your still allowed to bait i did this weekend it was shocking spent all day satday n sunday for a quater of a lb i suggest the waimak kaiapoi is fishing terriable :sad: :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

lol only quater of a lb from two days, no good haha, tried to get out today but had a few house chores to do, ganna try next week lol

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.