WHITEBAIT !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

crackawoody »is the edge of your boards painted? if so m8 remove it…..

yellowfin
    Participant

umm the flat tin ones i paint the top, edge to edge so yeah i guess, but I also use pvc piping and just paint the whole thing man lol

yellowfin
    Participant

I always found that if the edges of your timber or pvc is painted they scare very easy.cheers

fishforpot
    Participant

Stopped for a look off the bridge by the floodgates in the Avon about 20mins ago ……in 2 mins Id have seen maybe 1/2 a pound spread between 3 shoals ….

Starting to think seriously about heading down the mac for a dabble …..

burkefish
    Participant

might want to leave for a few days. river peaked at just over 1000 cumacs, is now down to about 750 cumacs. (3.30pm 9/9)

fishforpot
    Participant

Hell no , the more water coming down the better ….I fish at the mouth , so if its blowing 3000 cumecs id drop back along the beach

yellowfin
    Participant

saw a couple of people bating in the Avon today actually. They’ve got some balls, I wouldn’t touch anything in that river atm lol

fishforpot
    Participant

If the health dept warning are correct , the giardia eggs in the silt could see the Avon/Heathcote out for years …

yellowfin
    Participant

The dirtier the better. I baited the Taieri 2 days after opening day and got just over .5 kg and since the rivers dropped I been getting fark all. Drag netters scooping the lot. They should be banned. Should be one person per net.

fishforpot
    Participant

2-3 mins standing beside the flood gates in the Avon and I saw about 3 lb of bait between the 5-6 shoals cruising up against the outgoing tide …..

Anyone heard if the Mac is seeing much action ? ……

shark slayer
    Participant

Got a feed yesterday and again today, hopefully some bigger runs start turning up, otherwise i will concentrate on catching rig and leave the whitebaiting until october.

shark slayer
    Participant

Another feed of whitebait today and a flounder wich i let go…
    “>

yellowfin
    Participant

1.2kg this weekend……Ahhhhhhhhh. Love this game.

elmo22
    Participant

got 11lbs for the weekend

Miliwolf
    Participant

I think I might have to dust off the whitebait gear soon and give it a try. Went for a few hour kayak in my local river today and all but a couple of the stands were empty. Although have seen local whitebait for sale, so they must be running at times.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.