WHITEBAIT !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

any whitebait about

Miliwolf
    Participant

Work :(

yellowfin
    Participant

any body no one if poi baitable

you no with whiteboards if water is clean

yellowfin
    Participant

shes brown atm

yellowfin
    Participant

Yippee first wee feed of bait today. 260gms, enough for a sunday lunch tomorrow. Anyone else eaten?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Believe its still polluted.

yellowfin
    Participant

avon dirty and polluted i wouldnt even bother same with kaiapoi :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

chances are ill head out to kaiapoi in the weekend.. see what the go is.

question time :D … So you know early on in the incoming tide just when the baits starting to come up i’ve noticed the bait tends to creep up then stop at the spotter boards, i think they’re too white haha anyone know of a different colour to paint them thats just as good as white but won’t make them hesitate to go over them ahaha ive seen bright green ones/yellowish do they make a difference at all?

actually does anyone have any spare spotter boards they want to sell lol .. like the roll up tin ones ? saves space on the trailer rather then using tin fence LOL.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yea yellow could be a go,

fishforpot
    Participant

wonder how black would go

yellowfin
    Participant

lol

elmo22
    Participant

paint whitebait on the spotters and then the real ones will think its safe to go over, and holy hell they come from miles down the river cause they think that it a whitebait crossing just like a zebra crossing for us people lol

yellowfin
    Participant

I have found if the bait are legging it on the big push of tide they dont worry much about board brightness, however, the slower the current and clearer the water place board as low as you can so as not to spook them so much.

yellowfin
    Participant

hahahahahaha.. yeah its just that early part of the tide when they start running lol pain in the arse.. go to scoop ya net and BAM! ya spook them. Might go out tomorrow got the day off work but i wont get there until it starts going out, dunno if it will be worth it

elmo22
    Participant

went for a bait down the why mac mouth today, nothing doing only got a some for a patty but did get a nice big flounder so that will be my tea tomorrow night

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.