WHITEBAIT !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

sht man does it come around so fast not to long to wait now crossing my fingers its a warm winter so the little buggers run early

go kill some ducks and watch the days tick by till they start crossing the bar

elmo22
    Participant

yes fixing up my gear now so i am ready for the season..each season i have made temp repairs and my net and gobys have more bog amd sealer on them than netting, so hope the little bugger thank me for spending the money to catch them by coming into my new net lol

Miliwolf
    Participant

Still a bit early for me to be thinking about them, still catching Snapper up here :) , by June I would be thinking of whitebait agian.

yellowfin
    Participant

its never to early to start preparing nets to fix stands to rebuild whiteboards to paint whiteboards to make and work butt of so i can take the season off :wink: we dont need anymore flipping snow on mount white though :mad:

yellowfin
    Participant

When does the season start again?

Miliwolf
    Participant

The season begins about a month after it officially starts…. It starts August 15th :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks Thomas

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

Miliwolf
    Participant

true, some rivers have runs a bit earlier then others.

I do most of my baiting in the Waiaru or the diversion. Normally take one extended trip away to some part of the Westcoat, normally NW Nelson but went down to Westland last year. I do not have the patience for whitebaiting, so normally spend the time trout fishing instead :)

yellowfin
    Participant

3 and a half months oF whitebaiting man its hard not to keep thinking about it
    NOT LONG NOW :P

elmo22
    Participant

have put new netting on my gobys finished them on saturday, will be starting on the set net on the weekend will take a few weekends to do the net so all my gear will be ready by the seasons start

yellowfin
    Participant

painting whiteboards at moment then a stand to rebuild bugger

yellowfin
    Participant

lol contemplating buying new gear lol

yellowfin
    Participant

oh man saw some whitebait in the south branch while giving the ducks hell with a mate yesterday very early for the little buggers cant wait :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Any news on baiting in the avon this year ?? is it ganna be a go or a no lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.