Where can I find cheap breakout sinkers?

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

I have been using Charlies sinkers for a while now and have had the odd one bend the tail as well but with the snags and asorted c@#p that I fish in its not that suprising..

However I have just brought a mould to make 6 oz sinkers and made up a few already

Miliwolf
    Participant

Liquid lead is dodgy stuff, I prefer to spend a bit more and give others the pleasure of playing with the stuff. In saying that, I have heaps of old lead pipes and other scrape laying about.

yellowfin
    Participant

Oh hell yes it nasty stuff and you have to very very careful

Miliwolf
    Participant

When I was young my dad use to make lead sinkers in the inside fire. Us kids use to love crowding around watching it melt and the sinkers get made. A few years later he moved the production line outside and used a gas cooker and maybe gloves and overalls.

If I ever made it I would wear full protection probably including a gas mask, or atleast a full face protector. But I am not really motivated in that direction. Would prefer to spend the time designing and modifying and building different rigs.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Just a quick question..

What advantages/disadvantages does the long tails have over the short ring tail sinkers?

One disadvantage is if the long tail bends they could modify the direction of a cast.

yellowfin
    Participant

Miliwolf

yellowfin
    Participant

i need to get one of these break out moulds i spent a few hours yesterday and made around 50 reef sinkers in 1-3 oz for fishing for mullet and

St_Paul
    Participant

long tails will bend out if OTG casting on shingle. I use long tails in sand and short tails on shingle for this reason.

ball sinker moulds can also be modified to make a fixed grip sinker, 4 – 5 ozs owrks well and will hold in ANY current.

You can get breakout moulds for around $65 to $70 have a nosey on trade me.

or get the genie mold at tackletactics or discount fishing supplies.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I been doing, or atleast been trying to do OTG casting. So that could be the reason why mine bend.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I been doing, or atleast been trying to do OTG casting. So that could be the reason why mine bend.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members