Where can I find cheap breakout sinkers?

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

I see there’s a guy on trademe who sells 5oz sinkers at a reasonable price, but I’m after 3oz sinkers as I’ve nearly

yellowfin
    Participant

kmart has them cheaper than the warehouse last time i saw they were 2.50 and if u go when they have like 20% off sales they are only like 2 bucks i got a bunch a few months back with 30% off so got them

yellowfin
    Participant

I’ve been to K-Mart twice in the last few months and they haven’t had any breakout

yellowfin
    Participant

yea

yellowfin
    Participant

I can vouch for Charlie’s ( trade me) sinkers I use them all the time

Miliwolf
    Participant

The ones on Trademe are nice but I agree they are sometimes a touch heavy. Although, I have found they need to be heavy to get a grip on our rough eastcoast beaches.

His “Sinker~Keeper” tube is also a nice idea. It is really only a piece of plastic pipe so would be easy to make your own.

yellowfin
    Participant

I find 3oz sinkers are good for when the sea is calm and I’m not targeting anything big and

Miliwolf
    Participant

Check at Decoro.co.nz , they have quite a range on their site and are slightly cheaper then most.

3oz ADH Breakaway Sinker: NZ $2.70
    Grip N Free sinker. NZ $2.70

I believe the owner or manager sometimes posts on these forums under the name “Decoro Fishing Supplies”.

yellowfin
    Participant

That’s what I’m after. Thanks for the help guys.

Miliwolf
    Participant

One problem I find with buying sinkers online is that often the postage cost eats away at the potential savings. Often costs are higher for me because I live at a RD address.

So to minimise the impact of post, I often purchase other junk which I do not really need. Luckily I now have duplicates of most surfcasting items.

St_Paul
    Participant

I now make all my own breakouts using the gemini molds from tackle tactics, one mould allows you to make 3-9oz sinkers.

yellowfin
    Participant

Rebel sport have 50% off sinkers this weekend.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Booger did you have any luck sourcing inexpensive sinkers?

After a rough night in the surf I only have 3-4 left so need to stock up again.

yellowfin
    Participant

For 3 and 4oz breakouts I bought the ADH ones you suggested from Decoro, they’re OK. For 5oz I suggest getting some from ‘Palmetto’ on TradeMe. Instead of the breakout wires fitting into grooves on the sinker, the wires have beads on them that click into a hole on the sinker before casting, this works a lot better than the other type.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah I been using the Palmetto. Not to sure about the ones with the long tails. They got bent on a few of mine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members