What weapon do you use to slay salmon ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    baitman
    Participant

cheers I might try the bottle, I lost my board the other day was about to make another. the board trype being flat sits nicely in the front pocket of my waders.

yellowfin
    Participant

the bottle is good and it doesnt matter if u lose it

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All we used a coke bottle on a snap swivel in the rangi at peel forest the rod i use is a shamano canntana and abu 6503 left hand wind 18ib mono

brumoo
    Participant

dont forget to enter the NZSAA fishing comp on the Waimack on the 12th march $4000 prizes Approx

yellowfin
    Participant

Composite developments 7 foot albagraph light.. spooled with 20lb yo zuri mono on a abu ambassaduer 6601 C3 ..for rivermouths and genral upriver..
    and a 7 foot shimano catana and a shimano curado spooled with 10lb yo zuri for upriver when it gets low and clear !!

yellowfin
    Participant

Proberbley a dumb question but r the bottles full or empty or duz it not make a differnece, sick of losing lures, so will give anything a go , Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

empty but iv found on a windy day u might put a little bit of water in but tiny bit so it stops the bottle flying everywhere

Participant

Salmon…Okuma X-Factor 7ft 6-10kg. Okuma Salina II 4000..Rovex silk touch 15Ib… Trout…Okuma X-Factor 7ft 4-6kg. Dawia Regal 3500. Black widow 8lb…

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Hi justfishing, Okuma gear seems to have come along way recently. I have an Okuma trio 20 reel I use for trout with 8lb mono matched with a Tica 7ft 3 to 5kg rod. 8 landed an 8lb brown at the boat ramp by the waimak bridge late last year and have caught plenty of salmon in the canals on it. It would be my favorite set to fish with and I reckon it would be great up river for salmon if it held more than 90m of line. If I cast real hard with a heavy enough lure I can nearly spool it so I reckon if I got a good salmon on it Id be running after it.

yellowfin
    Participant

Shimano backbone 4-8 kg with a abu 7000 spooled with 23 pound mono is my weapon of choice :D

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Nice rods those backbones huh. I was tempted to go to a 7000 but went with the 6600 for weight reasons. havent been spooled yet but one day it will happen !

yellowfin
    Participant

I love the backbones, just a nice rod i find for up river and down the mac mouth

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Does anyone here rate T Curves ?

yellowfin
    Participant

the guy i work with scott he has one and he loves it to bits always going on about them and we seem to sell afew its a great upriver rod and a good soft bait rod

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

I have a T Curve Deep Jig 400 that is a hugely powerful rod for sea fishing but havnt been able to justify $400 for a new salmon rod when the backbone is still serving me well. Where do you work Tom ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.