What the HELL at the pier

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys went up to the pier today after reading some of the recent posts,i havent been up there in ages got put of because didnt like the fishing practice from the asians but thought hey might be worth a look again maybe it had changed, anyhow was up there around 1.30pm was about 8 asians fishing at the end all of them overhead casting (dickheads) and because there fishing traces were so long it mad it real dodgy standing nearby lol so that pissed me of but what made things even worse i saw three of the DIRTY BASTANDS pissing against the rubbish bins at three different areas all within the half hour i was there it was a nor-easter and the smell of there piss was blown down the pier(how bloody disgusting) there should be a BAN on the DIRTY LITTLE BASTANDS, is this the normal practice at the pier and WHY has nothing been done to manage these filthy people

by the way nice rig piermaster

rdeejay
    Participant

Don’t know about normal practice but that kind of carry on isn’t needed and probably the main reason i wont go there cos there would be hell to pay if i encountered that crap.

tracknz
    Participant

Hey guys. This was the behaviour that had fishing up there banned a couple of years ago. Unfortunatly it is not possible to have someone up there watching those wankers all the time but you are within your rights to say something to them or call the rangers on the phone number posted on all the rubbish bins. They only keep doing it cause they get away with it. If enough people get into them they soon piss off. In the meantime the rangers and MAF are doing what they can, with MAF showing a particular interest in them, and security starting in the next week or so over the weekends extending to daily throughout the whole Xmas holiday period. I have just emailed this page to the Pier liasion commitee chairman Tim Sintes and to the head ranger Rodney Chambers to make them aware of what is going on.

gunnercoops
    Participant

It is not just asians who overhead cast, there was an old beared bloke up there on Sunday morning doing it, he was even asking members of the public to move out of the way as he was casting.

rdeejay
    Participant

Would of told the old fart to sod off and point at the rules board

yellowfin
    Participant

If it’s the same guy I’m thinking of I’d be carefull what I say to him. He’s always threatening people and walks around with his knife in his hand trying to look tough, I’m pretty sure there was an incident last year on the Pier that he was involved in using that same knife and the police were called. It’s racist to say it’s only the asians causing the problems, although most of them still overhead cast most of the time, other people there do the same thing, and it’s usually the people new to fishing that go up there and fish right in the middle of the no fishing zone. If there’s no one around I’ll overhead cast if needed, but most of the time you can get the same distance with an under cast.

Apparently one of the Asians got caught with heaps of crabs on Thursday and got all his gear including his car taken away and tresspassed.

Yakkaman
    Participant

justfishing

yellowfin
    Participant

Are you not allowed one crab catcher one rod? I don’t see a problem as long as you’re not using more than once crab catcher or more than one rod. I usually take two rods with me, one for catching mullet, but don’t always use them both at once. A lot of people still use two rods, but it’s a lot better than a few years back when some of the asians would be using 4 or 5 rods each and the whole end of the pier was lined up with rods. Things should improve once the rangers start going up there. Someone told me they were already meant to be up there, but I haven’t seen any rangers since last summer.

Participant

I guess if you pee into the sea thats atleast half decent & you could also pee into a bottle then rinse it as i do in my boat but the asians i saw all pissed on the concrete and as you walked down the pier you could smell there urine which is bloody sick,the 3 asians i saw are dirty little bastards its as simple as that come on we all know what is right and wrong…..plus that piss is there all day baking in the sun untill it gets washed down so you can imagine the smell,

yet there is talk of a kids comp being held there all im saying is the pier needs to be cleaned up this carry on is bloody disgusting

Participant

Where are the guidelines for fishing the pier as on the rubbish bins they have pictures & not much else, i have not seen anything stating only 1rod,1crab pot per person ????

yellowfin
    Participant

There arn’t any as far as I know, apart from no overhead casting one which is on the rubbish bins. There needs to be a big sign right at the end of the pier with all the guide lines in English AND other languages so there is no excuse for people who can’t read it.

Participant

Yes very true there does need to be a written sign in place, as you mention it states clearly no overhead casting & doesnt it also state that no crab potting allowed, but yet people gather crabs,also they all use small pots where does it state size pot etc ???

yellowfin
    Participant

Crab pots and nets etc arn’t allowed. The crab catchers that most people now use are allowed and there is a size limit on them but I’m not exactly sure what it is. Haven’t seen anyone using anything other than crab catchers for a long time. I think a few years back some of the asians would go up there and put big crab pots down and come back to pull them up. They were doing it for profit and selling the crabs.

tracknz
    Participant

There is signage up on the pier stating only one rod and/or 1 crab catcher per person and there will be a new sign that is largerand clearer in multiple languages going up soon. As for pissing off the pier, at 1.30 in the afternoon the dirty lazy pricks need to walk down the pier to the public dunnies as that is what they are there for. Some of us are doing our best to clean the pier up of both general and human trash but as I said earlier we cant be there 24/7. If everyone took a bit of ownership and either said something or contacts the appropriate authorities then it would get cleaned up a whole lot quicker.

gunnercoops
    Participant

zac

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.