Warehouse Sale

Posted By Miliwolf On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 34 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Miliwolf 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i got 3 buckets in my garage atm with about 10 plastic containters and 4 or 5 vacume packed trays of bonito pillie and mackeral

Miliwolf
    Participant

How well does the mackeral and pille remain on the hooks?

My local store got stocks in of salted mullet and pille, might buy a bucket of each next time they are on sale.

yellowfin
    Participant

i got a couple f packs of mullet although the label says mackeral but its mullet it staying on ok the pillie i found stays on just as you would expect really just tie them on and the mackeral is real soft can stay on quite well but at times is too soft to cut

Miliwolf
    Participant

They are having a 30% off sale on fishing on boxing day.

Yakkaman
    Participant

You are spoilt up in Nelson Milli so is Greymouth we have a much smaller range of fishing equip etc in ChCh.

Keep the Jackson Bay trip in mind for Feb the Canterbury boys are still keen to go do you think we should let the surf caster guys in on it :grin: :lol: :lol:

Miliwolf
    Participant

That is because you have a much smaller range of fish to catch. Blenheim not Nelson :roll: , The range in the Nelson store is worst then the Blenheim one.

Would not be a bad idea to post it here, Any idea on how many people are interested at this stage and how many do you think would be able to make the trip?

If we get typical Westcoast sea conditions we probably would have to use surfcasters to go saltwater fishing. Luckily there is a couple lakes which could be explored.

Miliwolf
    Participant

They currently have 75% off their rods….. Had a look but nothing worth buying…

If you want a nasty cheap set then its worth a look.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah I see that in their mailer last night. Pity our chch stores have nothing of the likes you have up in blenheim.. I might visit a few different stores to see if i can find anything decent.

St_Paul
    Participant

had a nosey and they had a couple of OK starter surf rods going cheap. starter fly sets by Pflueger for $27.95, including rod reel backing and line. These are OK for someone wanting to give fly a try at minimal expense.

yellowfin
    Participant

could be fun for a bit of saltwater fly/ kahawai action..

Miliwolf
    Participant

Never saw the Pflueger fly set, I did see a kiddie berkley one for around $25.00

To be fair, the abu rods there do look ok, a few nice soft plastic rods which look like they should work ok.

St_Paul
    Participant

vip_yo

yellowfin
    Participant

Have only found $12.50 boat rods so far. And a couple of cheap surf sets. Think I’ll have to visit some other stores tomorrow.

St_Paul
    Participant

Blenheim stores rods have been just about gutted! not much left at all.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah its much the same down here in chch. I went to every store.. And only fond a handful of rods. I ended up getting some of the Abu Garcia rods.

2 surfcasters pretty light.. but for $17.
    2 1.8m boat rods. $16 each and a larger 2.1m Abu boat rod for $7!!
    They all had fuji eyes and reel seats, a single eye alone retails for just under $10 at most shops.

I figure if I break them I cant complain at such a cheap price :)

Oh and Dad was in blenheim so he got a couple of Abu baitrunner sets. $170 each down to $35 each.

It will be interesting to see if they replace them with a new range of gear or not.. and if it is any good.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members