Warehouse Sale

Posted By Miliwolf On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 34 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Miliwolf 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Miliwolf
    Participant

I think today is the last day of the warehouse sale. They have 40% off all their fishing gear.

Did anyone else go in and have a look?

I have done two trips in, first time brought a bunch of assorted softplastics, scents, a sinker pack and a few random bits.

Went in again today and discovered the bait freezer. Brought a bunch of baby squid, pilchard and burley bombs. They were mainly penguin brand so good quality bait. They started off $1 cheaper then elsewhere and 40% off made it to hard to resist.

One product which is well worth buying are “Soft Bait Clip”, they are $3 for 25. I use them on my pulley rig and as a substitute for swivels ect. They work very well. They are also called “Genie Link Clips”.

yellowfin
    Participant

One thing I have found with that sale is that items already on special are

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, it is good how already discounted items are often reduced by a further 40%.

The bait freezer I found was in the foyer outside the main shop. I missed it on the first trip but noticed someone was carrying bait with them. So found it upon leaving this time.

St_Paul
    Participant

I don’tthink the christchuch stores do bait. have only seen that in blenheim and nelson.
    I got a burley mincer and a trace wallet last time they had the same discount. also stocked up on softbaits

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Yea i stocked up on soft baits too

As for the penguin bait iv given it a go before and found it to be not to successful, i find that southern bait baits are a certain for catching fish.

it was a few years ago that i tried penguin bait, was wondering how do you guys find it now ie does it catch fish consistantly?

yellowfin
    Participant

i find they both catch fish nearly everytime with out

Miliwolf
    Participant

For squid I do not believe there is much of a difference. For pilchards I look at the quality of the fish before buying. If it looks dry or has freezer burn I would not touch it.

yellowfin
    Participant

warehouse has 30%fishing gear today i just went and bought 6kg of salted mackeral for 30 bucks iwould have got more but they didnt have any and i already have 5kg of bonito at home

Miliwolf
    Participant

You really must like the salted baits…

I have looked at them before but never brought any because it always looks so unappetising and dry.

Do you think they are more productive then frozen baits? Would be less messy and smelly and probably stay on the hook for longer.

yellowfin
    Participant

well it takes up no room in the freezer cause it doesnt have to be frozen the

Miliwolf
    Participant

The warehouse has another 30% off fishing promotion.

To take advantage of the discount you have to take a “Document” into the store. The Sale is on between 27th and 28th of febuary.

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/rexcompos … 012642.jpg

Most of the warehouse fishing equipment is quite junky but they do have the odd worthwhile item. I am going to use this sale to stock up on burley mainly.

yellowfin
    Participant

or sinkers and they also sell bait which isnt too bad

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, the bait is good.

Today I brought 2kg of Piper, 2.5kg of pilchards and a 4kg block of Salmon Burly and a bucket of salted bonito.

The frozen piper was a nice surprise. I left 4 packs in the freezer. They were $4.89 for 500g with the 30% discount.

yellowfin
    Participant

we dont seem to have frozen bait here although while back i went and bought every packer of salted bonitothe shop had and the 2 buckets they had lol and also got all the packs of salted mackeral they had except one which had a hole and was leaking the oil.

Miliwolf
    Participant

They had about 20 buckets, plastic wrapped trays and plastic containers of salted bait in the Blenheim store today. Not many people know of the 30% discount so supplies are nearly untouched.

So would of costed me around $800 to buy it all I suspect. Never been a big fan of salted bait but I would get the salted bonito I brought today a try. The piper look extra nice.

When they have a advertised sale on the bait freezers empty fast, even the salted bait stock declines quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members