Using blood to attract sharks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Does anyone know where I could get some blood for attracting sharks? I tried ringing some butchers but most of them seemed surprised someone was ringing up asking for blood.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi. Im not sure were you could get blood from but if you know someone who goes hunting or someone who has sheeps, pigs or some other animal you could see if you could get some blood from them. When are you planning on using blood if you do get some? I have also

yellowfin
    Participant

I was thinking of trying some blood

yellowfin
    Participant

Im not sure what sort of sharks you would get at Birdlings Flat at this time of year apart from dogfish but its worth a try. I read on this site that bigger Seven Gillers aren’t supposed to be very good to eat but the small ones are. If you are going to try for a seven giller use big hooks around 10/0

yellowfin
    Participant

What you could do is learn as much as you can about fishing for sharks and get the right gear ready for summer when the shark fishing is at its best. And for preserving shark jaws have a look at this site http://bluemako.customer.netspace.net.au/jaws.htm

Remember to also use wire traces when shark fishing or very heavy mono

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.