tackle talk

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 84 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks guys, very informative. Im looking at the baitrunner, as it would usefull for hitting up some snapper in the sounds aswell.

Still couple months it get everything organised, then shark hunting time!! :cool:

yellowfin
    Participant

of course real men just use their bare hands to catch sharks.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/ … 98678.html

yellowfin
    Participant

The Penn Slammer Liveliner reels also look nice. Never seen one in person.

yellowfin
    Participant

On the subject of tackle, I see there’s a video on YouTube of people using a bazooka

yellowfin
    Participant

I have seen that video several times.

I have seen a few youtube fishing videos but nothing which springs to mind.

wait…

There is a video of a bunch of idiots roaring down a river in a boat shotting a specie of jumping fish with Bows. People also like to post that video multiple times on fishing forums.

Doing a Google search of “Stupid RedNecks bow fishing video” would probably find it.

yellowfin
    Participant

I take a video camera fishing, so if we get any thing decent, I’ll be sure to chuck it up on youtube :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Here’s an easy way of catching fish: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XFi9UEXQaSY

Mono is short for monofilament, Nylon is the fiber that the line is made of. mono just means it’s a single strand line. Most recreational fisherman call monofilament “Nylon” probly cause in the early days this is what monofilament was marketed as.
    In our shop nylon as a fiber is also used in rope for anchoring and clothing etc.
    It’s a funny one, most selling the line call it mono or monofilament and very one buying it calls it nylon.

yellowfin
    Participant

The Okuma baitrunners are a pretty tough reel too, have 2 of them and they haven’t failed to stop much yet.

Depends what type of sharks you are targetting, seven gillers can be caught on any half decent rod and reel set. The first one I ever caught was about 5ft long and landed on a jarvis walker combo that cost about $80.

yellowfin
    Participant

what is copolymer?

yellowfin
    Participant

basically a line made of two types of nylon, basically trying to get the best qualitites from each type. e.g fine diameter and abrasion resistance.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh ok then

yellowfin
    Participant

Does anyone know where I can get a good rod around 24kg and over 6 foot? Preferably a specialized LBG rod. The only places I have seen any are on trademe and they usually won’t ship to the South Island.

yellowfin
    Participant

I did win an auction for a Offshore 700 LBG rod which is 7ft,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members