Surfcasting at Birdling Flat, Canterbury, S.I. New Zealand

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 117 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 13 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

I will take my camera with me when i go fishing and if i catch anything of interest i will post the pic on here

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey Zac
    had a crack at wakanui today despite the nasty swell and a lot of weed in the water managed a schoolie of about 10kg.
    Have a great time in bluff mmm…blue cod!

yellowfin
    Participant

I caught a good size school shark last year. Dont know how much it weighed but it was under 10kg. The best fishng out there is when the sea is calm and the water is clear, then there is heaps of yellow eyed mullet and kahawai.

yellowfin
    Participant

Did anyone get to the surfcasting comp at birdlings flat today?

I was down there early in the afternoon, didn’t see anything caught though.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i headed out there at bout 7am but the fishing wasnt overly great got mayb half a dozen doggies and a shool shark but they were all sooo tiny but gav up coz it was to crappy about 12

yellowfin
    Participant

I Got A few small greyboys to about 2 kilo, small doggies and 2 crabs down at baileys. was a bit foggy first thing, probably should have kept them cos i think bugger all ended up being weighed in but I don’t see the point of killing them and not eating them. Would be good to see it run more like amberley or nape nape and having to keep the fish alive to be weighed in.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea it wasnt overly great i hooked but were buested off by a ray of some description gota view of it in the breakers but ut got tail wrapped and then busted me off

yellowfin
    Participant

To Be honest I was so disgusted at the slaughter of the small stuff going on I didn’t even bother going to the weigh in. Fished thru til 4 and then headed home.

yellowfin
    Participant

O glad i didnt go to birdlings tournament lol was about to go but deicided not to… went fishing at the brighton pier on 20th, tuesday night caught 6 rig, 2 of them

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey St_paul. I fished at wakanui beach today. I caught a big school shark and another one a bit smaller. There were heaps of yellow eyed mullet in the water. I also hooked something else that was big but it managed to get off.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey zac well done, its not a bad wee spot, try further up towards pendarves if you get a chance. basically drive down christies rd until you get to west kyle rd and turn right. follow the gravel road til the end and trek down the gully to the beach

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey you guys are making me jealous !. Been fishing off the beach twice this week & have not had a bite, things have dried up down here. Had a good day in the boat catching blueys but the surfcasting is a waste of time now. Thought I might have a go at greenbone, anyone here know the technique, any advice appreciated.

yellowfin
    Participant

Mel. Were abouts do you live? You say down south but were abouts. If you have a chance have a fish off the bluff wharf. There are alot of different fish to be caught there and just the other week i got a big stingray there.

yellowfin
    Participant

I have already posted more than the admin. I havnt seen many posts from yellowfin for a wile. But he does a good job with the website and the articles

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m just south of Oamaru mate, usually fish around Moeraki, Shag Point & Waianak. I did go as far as St Andrews this year and had a fairly good season up until last week.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members