Surfcasting at Birdling Flat, Canterbury, S.I. New Zealand

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 117 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

I have never seen a rig caught on anything other than crab or crayfish. But i have caught heaps of school sharks on squid. I caught a reasonable size

yellowfin
    Participant

Head, I know what you mean I used to fish the pier after it was first built but got sick of the crowds, the mess some grubby buggers leave behind and those that can’t follow a few rules (especially regarding overhead casting).

Zac do you ever fish at wakanui beach? Have had a crack down there a couple of times but haven’t had much joy. Mind you I only ever get to fish middle of the day as I take a lunch break there when I am on business in Ashvegas

yellowfin
    Participant

i agree 100%

yellowfin
    Participant

Yup I think it should be a 2 rod maximum, one for catching bait and one for the bigger stuff. Also needs to be patrolled better as I always seem to see some bugger using a crab pot despite all the signs.

yellowfin
    Participant

yes again very good points i fish 2 rods myself in the way one

yellowfin
    Participant

[user=108]St_paul[/user]

yellowfin
    Participant

Also you might not know but they have put a new rule that its only one rod max at the peir. It dosent matter as much at night though when nobody goes out to look ect.

yellowfin
    Participant

i didnt wanna comment about the asian peeps there no offence though but the signs dont say enough to them like the no fishing zone does this still exhist?

yellowfin
    Participant

There is still the big no fishing zone at the very end. And i think they should have all that written in chienese and other languages so that people can read it

yellowfin
    Participant

oh right

yellowfin
    Participant

I might have but i am heading down to bluff to fish for the weekend. Hope to catch some blue cod or something bigger.

yellowfin
    Participant

blue cod= great bait lol

yellowfin
    Participant

Has anyone fished much at bluff? I have read in another post that blue cod, red cod,

yellowfin
    Participant

Head, lets hope that southerly thats predicted for firday is all blown out by sunday aye. seems to be almost the same weather pattern we had leading into the weekend a fortnight ago and the fishing was cracker!

Zac, have you fished much further back up the coast? have had some good days at pendarves down the end of west kyle road where ya walk down the gully to the bottom of the cliffs. Also coopers lagoon and Taumutu can be brilliant for ele’s and rig.

yellowfin
    Participant

Head, lets hope that southerly thats predicted for friday is all blown out by sunday aye. seems to be almost the same weather pattern we had leading into the weekend a fortnight ago and the fishing was cracker! I’ll definitely be there somewhere along the spit will wait and see what the weather does before I decide if I’ll fish at baileys or birdlings.

Zac, have you fished much further back up the coast? have had some good days at pendarves down the end of west kyle road where ya walk down the gully to the bottom of the cliffs. Also coopers lagoon and Taumutu can be brilliant for ele’s and rig.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members