1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp lemon zest
¼ tsp black pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
3 tbsp loose black tea
3 tbsp sugar
¼ C rice
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Rub the salmon with the first 5 ingredients.
2. In a small frying pan, line with two layers of tin foil. Find a small baking rack to fit in the pan.
3. Add the tea, sugar, rice and rosemary to the tin foil and put on the heat until it starts smoking.
4. Put the baking rack in the pan and then the salmon and cover with a tight fitting lid.
5. Reduce the heat of the element and let smoke for 4 minutes.
6. Flip the salmon, cover again and carry on smoking for another 4 minutes.
7. Remove the salmon from the heat and frying pan, and then set aside to rest.
8. Serve warm or cold with a nice salad.