Snapper south of Port Underwood.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I was reading quite a old fishing location book. According to the book Snapper were frequently caught along the long gravely surf beaches all the way down to the Clarence.

I have also been told storys that once the Snapper fishing was so good at Cape Cambell you were pretty much guaranteed a few decent fish within 10 minutes.

Of course since then the commercial and recreational fishers have heavily targeted the Snapper and greatly reduced their numbers.

So I was wondering if you have heard or seen many Snapper being caught on these east coast beaches?

The impressions I have is that they are nothing more then a rare fluke catch now. The last ones I have heard being caught was a few years back at the Wairau diversion mouth.

yellowfin
    Participant

Ive heard about some goodsize snapper that had been takin off the mussel beds at the wairau bar although that was a few years back but I know of a pannie caught off seaview beach (Seddon) earlier this year.I also heard of a few caught at Kaikoura.I fished these beaches most weekends over the last summer but didntcatch any or see any landed.Anyone else know of any caught

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.