Sharks-are they that dangerous to eat?

homepage Forums Fishing Forums Cooking Your Catch Sharks-are they that dangerous to eat?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Trumpy
    Participant

Guys,

You’ve obviously caught the odd shark and cooked them up.

Is it mere urban legend that sharks don’t urinate like other fish and just segue it out through their bodies, hence tainting the meat.

I can’t help but think there is some sort of an anti-shark-fin soup lobby going on here.

And sharks are supposed to be full of mercury because they eat other fish, heresy in numbers.

Your thoughts?

Miliwolf
    Participant

They are safe to eat.

yellowfin
    Participant

News too me, maybe sharks are dangerous to eat us, but get a shark prep it straight away and its all good only thing that woukd ever get tainted so i believe is the taste of amonia

Miliwolf
    Participant

Probably wise not to feed large amounts of mature large sharks (especially fish eaters) to pregnant women and babies… But for normal healthy adults there is not much to worry about, especially if you stick with the shorter lived species like Rig and Elephant which do not feed on fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Have heard blues and threshers are beautiful to eat but why kill a specie that is under threat rather release it to go on and breed in the furure for everyone else to catch one one day than kill it for only a feed, Eat a steak or something

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.