Send us a picture

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 104 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m not going to tell the whole world that,

yellowfin
    Participant

nice fish booger. when did you get that? and where? looks to be somehwere like birdlings

Sevengillz
    Participant

Yo Booger,nice broadie man.Did it put up much of a run?

yellowfin
    Participant

It wasn’t too hard to bring in, it stripped off a decent amount of line twice, then only a little after that a couple of times. Only took 5 or so minutes to bring it in, I didn’t want to muck around in case it

Rodman
    Participant

Two seven gillers from earlier days. We dont try to catch them now as they are no good to eat. The Rangi one was released.

If you dont want to eat it put it back.

yellowfin
    Participant

nice rodman.

yellowfin
    Participant

just letting yas know i live about 2 mins from the pier but have never been off it b4. sing out in advanced guys if ya go out anytime and ill might try and head down there.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went down to Birdlings last night, I only caught 2 fish, banded wrasse and a werid rock cod thingy. Aaron caught quite a few fish, red cod, wrasse, and another type of cod that i havent seen which he called a barsted cod, like a red cod but a very dark color, almost black. We had no luck with the Moki. Used prawns as bait.

yellowfin
    Participant

yup that sounds loike bastard cod to me as well

Sevengillz
    Participant

heres a pic of a Bastard Red Cod.This one has lost its pinky-brown colour.

yellowfin
    Participant

thats an ugly looking fish dude! did you eat it?

Sevengillz
    Participant

NiNj@

Jones Jr.
    Participant

Yeah, that’s the one Sevengillz! Yeah, got 5 or 6 of them. Got one normal red cod to but it was small so chucked back.

Got a spottie, banded wrasse, a thing that looks like a huge cockabully (it’s the same thing steve’s talking about when he got that weird looking rock cod), bastard cod, red cod and that’s it. No Moki, although my mate Luke reckon he hooked one. It seemed sizable going by his description of how it took some line etc.

Edit: Actually, those fish I caught at Timaru last year sometime would’ve been bastard cod to. Here’s one:

And then a normal cod.

Cheers
    Aaron

Sevengillz
    Participant

Those bastards sure make a normal red cod look beautiful! The one in the pic is quite small but I figured it would make a couple of good shark baits.I took two Moki that night but one I had filleted at the wharf.
    That Moki was around the 42cm mark so you can sort of see how big that banded wrasse and spottie were.Those two were actually the biggest specimens I have ever seen.Hopefully these wrasse are going to tempt a nice shark or two next weekend. 8)

yellowfin
    Participant

42cm??? isnt 45cm legal?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members