Selling fish

Posted By Duckman On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 36 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Duckman 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Johnwest
    Participant

Don, you ginger twit. You knew the rules when you purchased a license.
    You can’t be that hard up as I saw you smoking at the canals which most would deem a luxury.

yellowfin
    Participant

At the end of the day Don your breaking the law thats why you made it on t.v. Making all these threats
    to take out people as if your a tough guy and your on a sickness benefit?? That makes sense just as it make
    sense that you sell fish to your family??Good luck with your partition, last I saw 10 people had sighed it.

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m all for a robust discussion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But please NO foul language. :mad:

burkefish
    Participant

see there are new law changes for the canals. 4 salmon a day but only 2 can be over 500mm, 2 trout a day as part of a 4 fish bag limit.

shark slayer
    Participant

the way I understand it burkefish is you are allowed 4 salmon if they are under 55cm or the regular bag limit of two if you keep fish over 55cm..there thinking is when. there hasn’t been a release for a while the fishing is generally slow and the salmon are generally small(under 55cm)so in such conditions allowing people to take four makes it worthwhile and allows people to take a decent feed home..however when there has been a release and the fish are bigger (over 55) they have kept the limit at 2 with the veiwpoint thats a good days harvest..I think it’s a good well thought out change of regulations good on fish and game..there is an artical on it in the latest f&g mag.I don’t go to the canals much;mainly just when there are no other good options but it’s a good food resource and softbaiting is a favorite of mine..love the hookup..hopefully these new regs will help take some pressure iff the wild fishery to as more people look to the canals as an easier option. to put salmon on the table.

burkefish
    Participant

I think the rule changes make sense, might cut out the waste when small fish are treated roughly when released and there won’t be as many dead fish floating around.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went down last weekend and seemed to be a lot less salmon than in June and July. Whether it was due to the warmer weather or extra take who can say. Lots of small fish about but not so many around the 3-4lb mark. Still saw people throwing fish pellets and bread in at the Ohau A head water as well as small fish back in from 3-4m. People were just staying in one spot, catching a heap of fish and with the new regs it makes it hard to keep track of how many have been taken. Especially if they are putting some of the smaller ones back. Personally I don’t like the new regs and think they should have kept it at 2 salmon. Be interesting to see how many fish are left after the summer.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members