Sea Run Trout

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

aaarrrhhhh something i didnt think about must be considering the size of them

yellowfin
    Participant

That explains a lot.. there’s supposed to be massive amounts of fish released into the groynes fishing ponds for ‘Take a kid fishing’, but the times I’ve taken my kids there are hundreds of people packed in like sardines catching hardly anything.

brumoo
    Participant

There was about 6000 people at take a kid fishing 600 fish were caught all the kids had a great time go to http://www.nzsalmonanglers.co.nz for some pics and a report on the day

yellowfin
    Participant

It has been an excellent winter for sea run trout so far, nice conditioned fish also…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnHC_Nk … detailpage

yellowfin
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Same good fish.

The sea run fishing was just starting to pick up here when we got large flood after large flood, was at the river yesterday and it was just starting to clear. But we had more heavy rain today so would be another 4-5 days I think until I get a foot of vis and start fishing again.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish Kev, I could a 4lber searun way up the Mak in fairly dirty water Oct last year… Looked exactly like your fish Kev, Silver body and a dark head… Looked quite odd. Looking forward to the silveries starting to run then will hit the searuns hard!

baitman
    Participant

good stuff kev looking forward to getting out soon been tying up a storm :) work is crazy in the spring.
    have you tried those searuns raw? I did a coleridge rainbow a couple of weeks ago it was amazing.
    Slice thinly ,salt and put in a bowl with the juice of 2 lemons for 30 mins then dip pieces in a mix of soy and wasabi and eat (this is the way we eat ky)
    man I’m hungry right now.

yellowfin
    Participant

Sounds great Baitman, always keen to try new ways of eating the catch :smile:

baitman
    Participant

2 of 5 I got today in the rakaia Lagoon 5.5lb and 3.5lb
    the big one had a 20cm trout in its guts.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Great looking trout baitman, and caught on good old spin blades. Still question myself why I currently use minnows instead.

baitman
    Participant

Thanks I only use Blue fox vibrax hot pepper #3 now they work amazingly provoke an agressive response really well, might use a #2 in low clear conditions.

yellowfin
    Participant

Spent a couple of hours at the Banana Hole this afternoon. Water’s still quite dirty but 1 Sea Run was unfortunate enough to catch a glimpse of a silver flash and went for it. Probably only just over 2 pounds and quite skinny – but it was my first venture out for a while, so he wasn’t going back.

yellowfin
    Participant

Lovely fish baitman :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.