Sea Run Trout

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

South side has plenty of access points off Acton Road although 4×4 needed for most of them (or a walk). Lagoon access is also good but the mouth is way away and quad really needed.

yellowfin
    Participant

The rakaia needs a good fresh to blow the mouth out closer to the huts while removing didymo along the way..I always access from the south side huts and park 200-300m upstream before crossing the river and fishing from the western side of the lagoon..once I started doing that my catch rates improved drastically….Rakaia on monday=tough fishing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT9nxzdz … detailpage

yellowfin
    Participant

fantastic vid kev keep it up

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers Tom, by the way the whitebait was fantastic mate..thanks for that!!

yellowfin
    Participant

no worries mate more coming your way :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

gotta catch it first tom lol
    im waiting for kev to hook me up with a trout, love it and havnt had any for a while!!!

yellowfin
    Participant

dead right ill try my best :grin:
    it will be trout for next few months then hopefully we are all dinning on salmon :wink:

yellowfin
    Participant

No worries mate..I can throw one your way :wink:

yellowfin
    Participant

Thanks boss.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Had a fish down at the Opihi lagoon this afternoon, Very quiet, Hooked one small sea run trout that would have been around 1lb maybe 2lb got off though. Saw heaps of mullet but they wernt interested in taking a lure.

The river desperately needs a fresh pretty much every cast you would get weed all over your line :x

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All is it time for searun trout at mack or rakaia yet please

yellowfin
    Participant

theres HEAPS in the mak keep getting the bugers salmon fishing some good fish as well got two yestaday in the dirty water at the k river mouth one was only a tidler other was a keeper :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Tom, are you trying to be the first to catch a waimak salmon bud?..I admire your drive mate :wink:

yellowfin
    Participant

im trying but i missed out on the first there was a small 2lber taken a week ago before mak went dirty i dont know if you can count a 2lber but still a salmon and the same day a 6lber was taken up river while mate was trout fishing true as well iv seen photos but i wonder why they are so small ? i think after this we fresh a few will splash through (fingers crossed)

yellowfin
    Participant

Take a kid fishing escapees mate..always a few taken at this time of year..they don’t really count lol

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.