salmon surf tackle

Posted By ripshitandbust On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 12 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ripshitandbust 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ripshitandbust
    Participant

What are you all using? I haven’t upgraded anything for a long time…

reels are a 525mag slidy and a 6500 ct mag elite

Rod is a century armalite sp3 13 ft carp blank I imported and built up Its aa bit heavy I’d like something lighter. Interested to hear what people are using and if they are using mono or braid. I have never tried braid, jut use 0.35 mono with a 30lb shock leader

yellowfin
    Participant

just started out so dont have much but have been using a shimano 8ft catana and a aernos 5000 with 20lb neon green sufix 832 and no leader.
    have some new toys this year to try with a 700 calcutta and a 300 curado. have to decide if im going to go with mono or braid on a 12′ surf rod.

troutfishernz
    Participant

if you tie directly to the braid Wouldn’t the fish see the braid? Or do you notice no difference?

Don’t do a lot of Salmon fishing but for the surf I just use my 12ft surfcaster and Tica Abyss tl9000 spooled 20lb mono.

burkefish
    Participant

I personally don’t use braid but some of my mates do up river and they attach directly to the braid and it hasn’t affected their catch rate.

snake
    Participant

im using a kilwell enticer.12 foot with a Calcutta 400.loaded with good quality mono,braid does like to be casted this far,too many wind knots. No shock leader

snake
    Participant

snake

yellowfin
    Participant

might as well update as well, decided on using the curado spooled with 30lb braid, will probly change back to 20lb braid when the reel is due. tried the 700 calcutta but to be honest didnt give it the chance it really deserve. Its always waiting there if the curado doesnt fish as well as it casts.

yellowfin
    Participant

30lb braid lol winch…. I use 10lb braid

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

rig_slasher

yellowfin
    Participant

Dont need to cast far and i only use a 28gm :P

yellowfin
    Participant

Harrison torrix TE 12ft 6 3.5tc, AKios pmr custom 656 shuttle 6.3 .1 ratio sakuma nite crystal 18lb mono 40ilb braid shock leader, after that is a matter of holding your mouth right :grin:

ripshitandbust
    Participant

Hi Lureman I too have a pmr custom Akios, nice wee reel its a 555 with the level wind removed. Jamie convinced me to go 555 not 656 he reckoned for up to 90g it would go better than a 656

shark slayer
    Participant

14 foot 20_30kg rod,Calcutta 10,000 with 50lb mono an 80lb leader and a bright green 85gm ticer..that way my lures have no action,pop out of the water 20 meters from the beach and it creates a nice slack belly in my line so there is no feel..when I get a touch I strike the fuck out of it 5 times and then horse the shit out of the salmon and try stop it running..I drop 70% of my fish and the ones I land take 2 minutes and don’t fight at all… :lol:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members