Salmon Season 2014 – 2015

Posted By Johnwest On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 180 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Allan Burgess 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

That’s no good. I would ask the question on the southern angling or the complete angler facebook page…. They get a lot of traffic, someone may have seen something!!

croozer
    Participant

cheers mate, will do.

yellowfin
    Participant

Glad to have made the 8% brigade lastnite with a nice fresh 13lber from the Mak mouth.

burkefish
    Participant

thanks to a great group of volunteers we were able to finclip 90,000 salmon smolt at montrose today.

shark slayer
    Participant

thats cool burkefish..almost as cool as deciding not to do the salmon season and getting a 37lb banks peninsula kingi on 10lb braid.. 8)

burkefish
    Participant

shark slayer thats a great catch would get adrenaline going.

kbel
    Participant

Here is a video of the fin clipping event that took place on Saturday 21 February.It was great to see so many regular salmon anglers helping out with the task of clipping 90,000 salmon smelt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbmE3smH3rU

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers burkefish..definitely got the adrenaline pumping..and the arms shaking..took about half an hour to land it and my rod ( t curve tk3g 5_10kg)snapped in half mid fight..was worried about my braid rubbing on the sharp edges of the broken carbon fibre but managed to avoid it..got a couple of rats on a trout rod and 6lb braid to..amazing fun..anyway good work on the clipping guys..should of volunteered to help but am still on holliday and f#@k knows,i have earned it working on the rebuild as a carpet layer this year..crazy workload..considering the weather forecast this week even tho i said i would resist the fever im going to try for a salmon this week..cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

Got any pics of this Kingi S.S?

shark slayer
    Participant

yea mate..will get my buddy to email them to me and will put em up..got bored salmon fishing today conditions were shit so slammed a few eles instead..kept a feed released the rest

shark slayer
    Participant

here it is?

shark slayer
    Participant

shark slayer
    Participant

stupid technology..think i fucked it..hold on will have another try

shark slayer
    Participant

shark slayer
    Participant

did any of that work?there is a goofy double thumb photo and some more serious photos..i hate computers.. :grin: bonk

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members