Salmon Season 2014 – 2015

Posted By Johnwest On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 180 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Allan Burgess 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)
  • Author

snake
    Participant

Fished mac rocks this arvo from boat from 2-630.nothing stirring will try first thing in morning,

nickthechippie
    Participant

oooooooohhhhhhh, the mighty rak is coming back, drought is a bit worrying though

yellowfin
    Participant

Got my first for the season on Friday at Rakaia mouth (south side), 11lb at 11am.
    A wild fish that looks like it had been in a little tussle with a net or similar.

yellowfin
    Participant

On the board for 2015 with a nice 9 1/2lb wild jack from the Mak mouth

troutfishernz
    Participant

no salmon caught at the Rangitata today, surf was filthy but the river ideal.

yellowfin
    Participant

I know there’s plenty of salmon being caught, everyone’s keeping very quiet, I haven’t been fishing yet, whats your excuse?

snake
    Participant

Haven’t been out lately eqc work etc around house,I was thinking that either very low numbers being caught or people playing possum on here which would be disappointing,if people are catching fish and not reporting it’s all downhill for the likes of this forum

hookusup
    Participant

nothing happening on the west coast yet rivers low and warm.
    They shouldn’t be far away after the next rain :)

elmo22
    Participant

every time someone puts up a comment of what they catch and were a certain person on these forums get on here and rants and raves about telling people whats going on so I for one don’t bother now as I not going to be abused like that..and I think others are the same as a lot of people like myself use to post on these forums every time I went out.. most weekends

yellowfin
    Participant

I personally think a certain shops page on facebook, now gets a lot of the salmon reports, pics and so on. so no one bothers posting here much nowadays :???:

mousebradley
    Participant

Rakaia fishing very well , had hook ups the last 3 outings .Getting a bit harder at the moment as getting a bit clear but first light Is always a good option.
    Would post photos , but can’t work it out lol. Maybe that is one of the problems with this site , not the most user friendly

mousebradley
    Participant

By the way not to much happening up river on the mak

nickthechippie
    Participant

Should be fish through the rivers soon with the rain falling!

To upload pics make sure you post on the ‘full editor’ and there is a tab with ‘upload attachment’. I’m no expert though as haven’t used it yet.

yellowfin
    Participant

How is mak rocks going? Was there 2 fridays ago, 20 people give or take at dust but didn’t see any get caught.

kbel
    Participant

Hi Timfish.
    I managed to land this one a couple of Saturdays ago.I think it was the only one caught that morning.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dduBgLjHU

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members