Salmon Season 2014 – 2015

Posted By Johnwest On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 180 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Allan Burgess 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)
  • Author

mousebradley
    Participant

Thanks , Shark Slayer

hookusup
    Participant

Not long to go now I cant wait to hear of the first salmon turning up lets hope there’s some big ones around this season :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Looking forward to enjoying the salmon season vicariously through you guys on this forum… Second year in a row… First child under six months old last season so didn’t get a chance to fish much, and second child due mid January 2015…

I have hope for the 2015/16 season…

shark slayer
    Participant

learn to use a rubber bro or you aint going to see a fishing rod for a long long time… :lol:

burkefish
    Participant

see F&G have confirmed first salmon caught in the Rakaia this season. probably 1or2 others been taken as well.

shark slayer
    Participant

yea theres been a couple..one a 20lber..and at least three in the waimak..two were taken on the same day..12 and 14lb..cant be bothered with salmon this year myself..missed out on to much other fishing last year..mite grab one or two in feb and that will be it i think..have a feeling its going to be a good season so i have to avoid catching the fever :grin:

nickthechippie
    Participant

Can someone please get Sharkslayer to a doctor…something is seriously wrong :roll:

burkefish
    Participant

the ‘fever’ is never far away, will surface when word gets around of a few large fish being caught.

burkefish
    Participant

24 metres of fence left to paint – then fishing the fever is getting strong.

burkefish
    Participant

8 metres to go, be fishing somewhere Tuesday, whatever the weather.

mousebradley
    Participant

Nice fresh – this should bring a few salmon in

nickthechippie
    Participant

Not that you would need a fresh to get a salmon mouse! Now ive got the fever and have only just started searun targeting. All I could think about was getting a salmon and it breaking off my trout gear yesterday! Hopefully I get one bigger than 8cm this year

yellowfin
    Participant

Any one heard of Salmon being caught in the Waimak yet?? I heard there were a few big trout mistaken for Salmon…

burkefish
    Participant

at lest 1 good sized 1 at the banana hole.

hookusup
    Participant

was there any caught in the rangitata surf in the week end?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members