Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    burkefish
    Participant

Know of 2 caught up the mak yesterday- 15and13, 2 more taken below the bridges and a 17lb one in the kaiapoi a few days ago . things are starting to happen. apparently a couple at the mouth one I was informed was 20lb.

burkefish
    Participant

looks like there is some movement up the mak with fish caught at the mouth and further up today, a couple pics on facebook, fish look in great condition. won’t be out til Monday, the forecast rain doesn’t seem to be going to much- hopefully.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Good to hear Larry and cheers for the updates. Might be time to dust off the salmon gear and get out there.

burkefish
    Participant

yes the fever is starting to bite!!!!!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Saw a small six pounder caught at mackies this morning and another wee one caught and released at about 1pm

jamie
    Participant

any action at the rangi yet? a few more on the board i see

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

A mate was at the Rangi Fri/sat and didn’t see anything. I was at the Waimak mouth for low tide this arvo and there was nothing caught in the couple of hours I was there.

burkefish
    Participant

been told of some(4or5) caught further up the mak today seems like they are not hanging around.

Anonymous
    Inactive

been up the mak today, +/- 10kms from the gorge bridge. Trying out the new lure rod and streamers, nothing seen, nothing caught. Few small rainbow’s on veltecs though

yellowfin
    Participant

I got a 7lb salmon in the mak this morning! Fish are in great condition and there seems to be alot of them in many differant sizes.

burkefish
    Participant

well done I haven’t even seen one yet. was informed that there were 3 on the rocks, 1 in a boat and one up the kaiapoi this morning also saw a pic on fb of a double further up the river.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A good run came through lower river on Sunday. Got myself a limit bag 9 & 10lb (awesome wee fighters) Guy beside me got 2 around same size. A total of 6 caught in immediate area I was fishing. Spotted atleast 3 more heading upriver (very fast) Also know of one taken at Stuarts Gully Yacht Club on a small tassie ! Was a great day on river to start the season :)

yellowfin
    Participant

There must be a great run at the moment!!! I got my second salmon of the seasion today it was a great condition 10 pounder

burkefish
    Participant

rivers could be out for a couple of days a bit of rain up the back. 62mm as of 5pm.

yellowfin
    Participant

Waimak is spiking now, up to 150cu when I last checked. Hopefully comes good again soon!?
    Seems there are some awesome results out there already by reading above, any advice is very welcomed, I’ll be going crazy to get one this year after a dry spell last year despite many efforts in known locations. So far this year it’s just throwing metal in the river! Ha. Ah well, currently reading “salmon fever” so learning a bit more…
    Merry Xmas – tight lines

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.