Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 407 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Great advise “aretheyrunningyet” thanks, will see what comes off over the weekend…

yellowfin
    Participant

Great advise “aretheyrunningyet” thanks, will see what comes off over the weekend…

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Checked out the Rakaia south side this morning. No salmon seen between the three mouths and up to the first hole. Got a good kahawai in the southern-most gut which took 10 minutes to land on the trout gear. Thought for a second I was into a salmon !

snake
    Participant

aretheyrunningyet

burkefish
    Participant

fished the point on the mak this morning beautiful water, didn’t see any salmon but managed get a trout about 3lb released it. took less than a metre from my rod tip. will try again tomorrow.

jamie
    Participant

can somone explain where this “mcintoshes” place is so i need my boat to get there? and what about the rocks at mcintoshes is this accesable by foot? :?: cheers look forwrd to reply…

snake
    Participant

jamie

jamie
    Participant

checked out badham rd (wades) Rangitata yesterday arvo looks good with a couple of nice holes…..is this place as good as any along that stretch of river?? keen to know peoples thoughts on the area, where to go and not to go, cheers

Fishunter
    Participant

Why dont you tell everyone:(

jamie
    Participant

hey guys check out wades!!! :)

yellowfin
    Participant

Theres salmon at wades!

yellowfin
    Participant

FishOn

yellowfin
    Participant

no, sorry kris…..I was fishing for trout . witnessed 2 of them caught on different days . and a mate of mine who was fishing one other morning saw 1 landed. all between 11 and 14 pound.its not my place to walk up to a stranger and get a photo of them with there fish

going to the Hurunui river (my home river)this weekend to have a go in the surf too see whats there this early in the season, hopefully 1 or 2 about :roll:

snake
    Participant

FishOn

burkefish
    Participant

1 salmon taken on a boat sunday morning, a few trout around chasing bait and the odd ky. water good could be any day now. have a copy of ross millichamps new salmon fever read a few pages -very interesting is noting all changes since 1997 and how attitudes towards the fishery have changed, I think for the better.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members