Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Yeah I use my 1-3kg quantum Xtralite rod at the canals for Salmon good fun when they peel off like 40yrds of line in single run, Not really practical for Salmon down the river mouth though with the fast current shingle and normally lots of other anglers.

burkefish
    Participant

sad to hear the news that the salmon anglers president Bruce Moody died this week after a short illness with cancer. he will be sorely missed, he did an amazing amount of volunteer work and promotional work in enhancing and improving our fishery. RIP.

burkefish
    Participant

received info that a 16lb salmon was caught at mcintoshes Friday afternoon. the river when I was out there was just marginal. think it will be fishable sunday. seems like it is going to run clear at levels we haven’t seen since the early 90’s (110-113 cum) probably all that extra rain up there has refilled the springs. will have a fish Monday afternoon and check the ‘hole’.

snake
    Participant

yes rip Bruce,thoughts to his family.
    On a happyer note that’s great news about the fish on Friday,river will be looking real good from Monday for sure.
    Hope to get out Monday evening

snake
    Participant

went out today for about 3 1/2 hrs on the boat at Macs.
    Couple of other boats there,few guys fishing the point.not many on the rocks.
    River starting to look fishy,saw no fish caught.
    Snake oute

ripshitandbust
    Participant

has anyone heard if anything has been pulled from the rangi surf yet?

yellowfin
    Participant

Ive had a 14lb salmon from south side rangi

ripshitandbust
    Participant

nice work always a thrill to get an early one in the gut or in the surf?

yellowfin
    Participant

New to the forum, just wanted to say hi. Hoping to get off the mark this season, blanked last year despite many hours invested. Season before landed 18lb and that alone has been enough to keep me at it! Fingers crossed for this year…. ha

yellowfin
    Participant

This was my first and only wild salmon 2 years ago!! Roll on this season, if you see me about the Waimak feel free to pass on any advice, any assistance in catching these beasts would be very warmly received. Cheers

burkefish
    Participant

waimak is fishable should expect 1 or 2 salmon to be caught this weekend, some good sized sea runners around to. the river is looking great. a 22lb fish has been taken at the rangi.

yellowfin
    Participant

3 salmon have been caught at the waimakariri near highway bridges in the last week

yellowfin
    Participant

ripshitandbust

yellowfin
    Participant

Great news with the river getting good and a few salmon arriving. Worth a look at Mackies later today or is the bridge key currently ya reckon? Lacking the chest height waders I have seen others in. Really like a sea run or fluke a salmon for the weekend BBQ! Ha. Any advice welcomed

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

samjvdl

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.