Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 407 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

shark slayer

burkefish
    Participant

has been a good week at macintoshs estimate the number caught at around 80. some of the 2yr fish are in amazing condition while the 3 and 4 year are down in weight. 1- 2yr fish 28” 11.5lb, 4yr fish 37” 13.58lb. the quakes have affected the food cycle that yr. if as the experts say and the food at sea holds up the 2yr fish this year will be at lest double in size next year as 3 yr fish..

burkefish
    Participant

another 11 fresh run fish at macintoshs to 3pm today.

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers guys..i fished every weekend in february usualy just friday evening and saturday but fished sunday a couple of times…took a week off work in march but conditions were crap so spent the week surfcasting..and went to the waimak mouth twice..got bored after an hour or so and left each time…that fishery dosnt interest me but i was already over the salmon season by then just went down cos a mate was going..i was actualy hoping for kahawai but there wasnt any around.. :razz:

Zeddie
    Participant

Hi, any fish at point today ? Have a day off tomorrow , so could catch my first salmon for the season ;)!

burkefish
    Participant

yes.

Anonymous

Finally on the board for the season fish taken at the Rakaia

Anonymous

Nice work, caught up river?

Anonymous

Yes both up river saw plenty of fish on the move great to see

shark slayer
    Participant

Coloured up a bit but nice fish..nice looking water in the background there to..great way to get on the board..well done :grin:

hookusup
    Participant

Are any fish still being caught at the mouth of waimak and Rakaia?
    or have they all ran the river?

kbel
    Participant

Was down at MacIntoshes rocks on Monday for a look and saw a fresh run 10 lb’r landed by a guy who said it was his first ever salmon.He was stoked.
    Only about a dozen people fishing.

yellowfin
    Participant

Jezza

burkefish
    Participant

still a few fresh fish in the lower mak ,main run tapering off. usually get a late run of silverstream fish about a week or so later. so next week about easter hopefully, still going out. about 15 taken at macintoshs this week with very few people fishing.

shark slayer
    Participant

Many kahawai at the mak at the moment anyone know?

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members