Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 407 total)
  • Author

Zeddie
    Participant

Awesome thank you , was going to fish burkes point . Million dollar question ., what lure and weight ?? Would you recommend
    Thanks again :)

burkefish
    Participant

anywhere from 16gm to 28gm have all got fish colour wise again a variation silver ,white green ,black and silver, black and white copper etc have all caught fish. what ever you have confidence in.

yellowfin
    Participant

Dropped a leatherman wingman somewhere on the track around Kaiapoi Island on the way back from the Kaiapoi point at the Waimak this morning. If anyone picks one up let me know. Thanks.

burkefish
    Participant

haven’t heard of anyone finding it will ask in morning

yellowfin
    Participant

I went back this afternoon and asked the guys there but no one had seen it. Might have left it in my waders and dropped out when I got changed and was walking back down the track. Might leave a note at the gate tomorrow in case a mountain biker picked it up.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Plenty of Salmon at Orari mouth today, I was only there for a few hours this afternoon and seen at least 6 caught between about 10 anglers, apparently 15 for the day till 5pm most where pretty small though.

burkefish
    Participant

good weekend at macintoshs, 13+ each day mainly late in the day bottom of the tides and first 2 hours of incoming. though for the first time in a number of years a small mob went through just on high tide. seems like the main run could be starting, it did this time last year only difference is the poor condition of the 3year fish which is in contrast with the great condition of the 2year fish. think nature is compensating by increasing the 2 year run. probably know in 3 or 4 weeks.

Participant

17 taken at mackys today up untill 6.30pm 8 in boats 7 south side kaiapoi 2 on rocks

Anonymous

Lost a good one the other day. It hit it hard then went for deep deep runs then came up, looked a decent size – bigger than the other’s I’ve caught. Noticed the hook was barly in which is why it took me for a ride! Took ~10mins then bent & spat the hook at the last minute. Brand new size 4 s-owner hook too. Oh well. That’s fishing.

There’s a few fish around! Make sure your hooks are sharp and strong!

Participant

buggur boon unlucky thats fishing aye where were you fishing ? fished mackys this morn till 11am 1 boats 3 south side kaiapoi

Anonymous

Close to there, a little bit upriver.

snake
    Participant

boon

kbel
    Participant

Bugger that.That hooks looks as soft as butter.What were the remaining other two like? Try them with pliers and find out and I’d be checking others in your bag if you have purchased a packet.

burkefish
    Participant

a good day at macintoshs – 20+ fish taken, mostly on the rocks this afternoon. one or looked reasonable size. condition of 2year fish is excellent. can’t say the same about the few 3yr fish I have seen.

yellowfin
    Participant

rakaia mouth fished reasonably well today. I got a 12 pounder and saw 14 or so caught. Not a lot of anglers but one fish was a very good size. I was on the south side but north side fished better.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members