Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 407 total)
  • Author

smoked salmon
    Participant

any salmon taken from the point burkefish ? and i see your report of todays catch but how has macky,s rocks been fishing in the last 5 days have they been catching many salmon just that i have not seen any reports of any fish getting caught down there in the last week.and what about down at the mouth?

burkefish
    Participant

there have been fish taken everyday at macintoshs the numbers vary but are much in line with last year at this time .the point is getting 1or2 a day as is the north side of the kaiapoi mouth. looking good for march . the only difference is size. this year are smaller and mainly 2 year old fish, could be that the quake feb11 and aftershocks had an affect on that years egg survival. time will tell. don’t know about the mouth do know they got 5or6 aday last weekend.

smoked salmon
    Participant

ok thats great thanks very much Burkefish appreciated.

ripshitandbust
    Participant

Any reports of action from the hurunui mouth and surf? After a brief flurry a couple of weeks back inner otago harbour has gone quiet again. Also there were quite a few fish caught in the orari surf a few weeks back. Any recent word from there?

burkefish
    Participant

16 fish taken at macintoshs today until 3.30pm mostly on the boats. will be the rest of us to have a turn tomorrow.

limitbag
    Participant

Hi anyone herd how waitaki is fishing any salmon showed up yet thinking of going down this month used to fire up in march years ago cheers.

yellowfin
    Participant

I have been to the Waitaki twice in Feb. caught nothing, pretty slow.

Otago Harbour Salmon Fishing Comp resulted in 33 Salmon over 2 days, largest was 6.1KG.

I got smoked by a 25lb+ fish, the same day 2 30lbers where caught from the wharf.

burkefish
    Participant

good to hear there are some large fish around.

Johnwest
    Participant

Jezza

Anonymous

You can catch then with ticers, even in the basin but most use floats and pilchards

yellowfin
    Participant

How is the Rakaia mouth looking after the storm? Shifted northward any distance?

John

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the Rakaia mouth (south side) today – 6:30 to 14:00. Saw five salmon caught (3 north, 2 south) all in the gut. River in good condition, surf a bit dirty and rough. Fewer kahawai around, but good to see those caught treated with respect. All I got was a 300mm trout, so that is a good omen for tomorrow!

John

Zeddie
    Participant

Hi , how’s the mak looking for weekend , anyone fish or look around today . Thought about having some
    time down there on Sunday morning .. ? Just wondered about colour etc
    Cheers :)

snake
    Participant

Colour is fine to fish this weekend,not sure about numbers caught but good tides at mackies

burkefish
    Participant

been a couple of fish taken around the kaiapoi mouth and 1 or 2 lost last couple of days. just fishable today be good tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members